SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Job Role & Responsibilities
Business Analyst - Cwmbran
• On the allocated scope of work, analyze the organization, document its processes, assess the business model and its integration with technology
• Propose process/product/service/data improvement to Domain Leads
• Bridge the business problems (modelization supported by Subject Matter Expert and Key Users) and the technology solutions (provided by IT/IS) :
• Foster SME reviews to characterize need for process or tool improvement
• Promote standards technology solution to SME and domain leads
• On the allocated scope of work, set up workshops with Subject Matter Experts and Key Users in order to assess and modelize the process into SIPOC, BPMN, detailed process, roles & responsibilities
• Identify and lay down specifications (BRDs) for technology solutions with IT/IS support
• Identify and lay down guidelines for business in order to comply with the technology solution, with SME & Key Users support
• Prepare test scenarii for End of Development and for User Acceptance Test
• Qualified to a minimum of degree in a Mechanical / Aerospace / Structural Engineering field
• extensive experience in PLM system deployment
• Experienced in leading and developing others, managing workload and resources across multiple projects concurrently
• Working knowledge of Catia Smarteam and Windchill environments and its interface to ERP systems.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.