The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring customer quality and process requirements as they relate to the product and production are implemented in the Safran Quality Management System. In addition, works directly with customers to resolve quality issues, administration of customer corrective action requests, supports manufacturing escape/non-conformance investigations and reporting on quality matrixes provided by customers. Works directly with the Senior Manager and Program Managers to provide timely reports and/or responses to customer queries, requests for participation/involvement in special projects or events.
• Identification of inspection and hold points on the manufacturing and assembly test traveller.
• Review and quality approval of the manufacturing and assembly test traveller.
• Review and approval of failure analysis reports for units returned from the field.
• Assists and/or leads failure investigations for product returns or in-house failures (8D, engineering investigation) and assist/product associated reports.
• Non-conformance disposition and participation/approval of MRB decision.
• Lead customer corrective action boards.
• Coordinate FAI's on new or revised products.
• Submit and ensure closure of customer concessions.
• Acceptance and release of product in accordance with customer regulatory and internal requirements. Customer delegations for acceptance and release of product. Regulatory requirements for new and repaired product.
• Develop and maintain process control plans, PFMEA's and other related proce4sses as they pertain to manufactured product.
• Participate in production readiness review meetings.
• Create/review internal quality procedures and work instructions.
• Other duties as assigned/required.
• Degree or Diploma in an electrical or mechanical engineering field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Minimum of three years' experience with comprehensive quality management systems preferably AS9100.
• Familiarity with regulatory requirements is an asset, preferably Canadian Aviation Regulations.
• Experience in an electronics manufacturing/assembly environment, preferably IPC-A-610 Class 3.
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail.
• Excellent analytical, strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to effectively handle conflicting priorities with limited supervision.
Locate your future workplace
2000 Fisher Dr ON K9J 6X6
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
- © Safran