Safran Electronics and Defense Canada designs and manufactures electronic control units and components for aerospace and safety critical applications. Our multidisciplinary team consists of product, hardware, software and test specialists with a vast array of skills and competencies to meet the rigorous demands of the market.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to lead our Product Verification projects. In this role, you will lead a team responsible for the definition, design and development of verification test equipment including the elaboration of test cases, procedures and data analysis methods. The scope of verification activities will include Engineering development testing, environmental / EMI qualification testing and series production testing.
• Plan, define and execute the requirements and design for verification
• Apply creativity and ingenuity to optimize the cost and schedule of
• Interface with project leads to capture the requirements and needs of the
• Lead the team to provide the necessary artifacts to support product
certifications and qualifications
• Oversee sub-contractor activities for equipment design and development
• Plan and monitor the resource needs of the team
• Report to the Systems Engineering Manager
• A background in embedded control systems, preferably in the aerospace and
defense domain, including working knowledge of system interfaces and
sensors such as RVDT/LVDT, BLDC motors, Servo Motors, temperature and
pressure sensors and ARINC communications.
• Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as C, C++, Python
and SQL as it pertains to managing COTS APIs, Databases and Data
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Product and/or Test Equipment design for
• Knowledge and experience in aircraft product certification requirements
including DO-254, DO-178B/C, ARP-4754A and DO-160G
• Working knowledge of off the shelf equipment and solutions including but not
limited to National Instruments, MATLAB/Simulink, OpalRT
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.