Safran Electronics and Defense Canada designs and manufactures electronic control units and components for aerospace and safety critical applications. Our multidisciplinary Engineering team consists of product, hardware, software and test specialists with a vast array of skills and competencies to meet the rigorous demands of the market.
• Perform product level requirements definition, allocation and validation
• Design and analyze system functions focusing on cost, performance and complexity including the decomposition at hardware and software levels
• Support and analyze product verification methods and coverage including assessment of test results for compliance to customer and certification objectives
• Work with project and program team to refine work estimates, and assess impacts of changes
• Manage changes to the technical definition and configuration of products
• Knowledge of design architectures and methods for safety critical systems
• Ability to define and partition functions and requirements between technical domains including, but not limited to, hardware, PLDs, software and mechanical
• Fluency with standard design and management tools such as IBM Doors, MATLAB / Simulink
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer or Industrial Engineering (or equivalent)
• 3+ years of relevant experience in Product design, test or manufacturing engineering
• Knowledge and experience in aircraft product certification requirements including DO-254, DO-178B/C, ARP-4754A and DO-160G
• A background in embedded control systems, preferably in the aerospace and defense domain, including working knowledge of system interfaces and sensors such as RVDT/LVDT, BLDC motors, Servo Motors, temperature and pressure sensors and ARINC communications.
• Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as C, C++, Python and SQL for the purpose of work automation and data analysis
• Strong verbal and communication skills
Locate your future workplace
2000 Fisher Dr ON K9J 6X6
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
- © Safran