Reporting to the Software Manager, the Intermediate Software Designer requires advanced formal engineering or computer science education and training, superior problem solving skills and independent decision-making ability. Responsibilities include, coordinating software development tasks, designing and implementing software systems in a team setting. Systems typically require the analysis, design and development of real-time control algorithms, sensor interfaces, serial and other communications interfaces.
• Perform hardware, software, and interfaces trade off and feasibility studies
• Analyze and develop software architecture and structured software design by formal and/or model-based methodologies
• Perform software requirement analysis, software design, software implementation and software verification
• Perform modeling, simulation and verification of control algorithms
• Perform software traceability analysis from system requirements to software design and implementation
• Perform and support hardware and software integration and troubleshooting at target level
• Develop software verification and validation processes
• Perform software unit testing, software integration testing and hardware software integration testing activities
• Develop and support certification processes and reviews (SOI)
• Analyze, generate and review software life cycle data packages for DO-178B certification
• Mentor and review the work of junior software engineering employees
• Perform activities as assigned by the Software Manager
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience in multi-disciplines team setting in Software and Engineering Industries
• Working experience with proven development abilities to design, test and to deliver embedded real time software systems
• Minimum 4 years experience with embedded systems and real time operating systems using C/C++ programming languages
• Minimum 2 years experience with integrated software development environment SDE tools and scripting languages (Python)
• Minimum 2 years working experience on MPC55xx, ARM7 and Cortex-Mx micro-controller series
• Experience with DO-178B processes or equivalent formal certification processes;
• Working experience on formal and model-based software design and implementation methodologies and models (Simulink, SCADE)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Exceptional organization skills and able to meet tight deadlines
Locate your future workplace
2000 Fisher Dr ON K9J 6X6
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
- © Safran