Validate conformance to product specifications and analyze systems using production test procedures and equipment. Support the development and implementation of test procedures, and equipment maintenance and acquisition plans in conjunction with Engineering and the Test Lab Supervisor. Provide analytical details on product issues identified during test procedures, including root cause analysis and suggest possible corrective actions.
- Execution of all test procedures on product in accordance with approved documentation
- Perform Environmental Stress Screening per test procedures and support - Engineering Qualification & Development Testing
- Create and issue internal documentation to facilitate rework/repair of failed assemblies
- Create and issue detailed non-conformance reports for products failing test
- Complete and maintain entries in the Defect Collection Database
- Visual identification and analysis of circuit board and unit faults/defects
- Troubleshooting of printed circuit board and assembly failures to determine root cause and implement corrective actions using various analytical tools such as 8D, 5Y, PDCA, etc.
- Support the development and verification of written test procedures with Engineering
- Validation of drawing and schematic integrity, including submission of recommendations for documentation +/or process corrections through interface with Engineering, Process Specialists and the Test Lab Supervisor
- Perform and support the development of Preventative Maintenance procedures based on analysis of maintenance log information and equipment manufacturer recommendations
- Fabrication, maintenance, repair and calibration of test sets and other equipment in accordance with associated documentation
Investigate equipment requirements, recommend capital acquisitions for replacement, prepare expenditure requests, assist Procurement +/or the Test Lab - - Supervisor with sourcing, and the creation of CAPEX documentation in support of proposal(s)
- Assist Quality Assurance with the collection and preparation of product test yield data.
- Work with Process team to identify Manufacturing process improvement opportunities
- Support responses to internal CAR's (Corrective Action Requests) stemming from internal process audits Responses include 5Y analysis of audit finding and CAR Evaluations.
- Responsible to ensure building is secure at end of 2nd shift or after accessing on weekend/overtime
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technician/Technologist or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, computer, coaching and facilitation skills
- An innovative ‘take charge' attitude coupled with solid decision making, leadership and a desire to utilize professional knowledge and share ideas
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast pace team environment, support other team members, and liaise with other departments when necessary
- Self-confident, results orientated individual with excellent technical skills
- Good Excel, Word and E-Mail/Internet skills
- Strong Root Cause/Analytical skills, and experience with Pareto, 8D and 5-Why methodology an asset
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Safran Electronics and Defense Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Locate your future workplace
2000 Fisher Dr ON K9J 6X6