• Responsible for the structural integrity of Landing Gears and Landing Gear Systems.
• Perform the following activities:
• Strength Analysis
• Fatigue Analysis
• Finite Element Analysis
• Weight Optimization
• Establish Qualification Test Requirements
• Create Certification Documents
• AOG after-hours support if required
• Responsible for working closely with Design team, liaison with customer, offload service providers, and external partner/supplier structural engineers.
• Prepare and review structural reports for compliance to airworthiness specifications and customer requirements.
• Checking of other stress analysts and offload resources work.
• Provide support and justification in the disposition of non-conformances and structural repairs.
• Occasionally work offsite for extended periods at customer/partner facilities inside or outside of Canada if required.
• University degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline.
• Strong understanding of the fundamental principles of Solid Mechanics and Fatigue.
• Ability to perform classical strength and fatigue analyses.
• Proficient with Finite Element Modeling and Analysis.
• Minimum 10 years experience in the field of structural engineering.
• Proficient with computer programs such as Mathcad, nCode and Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated experience with PATRAN, NASTRAN, and ABAQUS.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Knowledge and experience with FAR/CS 25 specifications are required.
• Ability to travel internationally if required.
• Ability to support AOG after hours as part of a team on a schedule if required
• Bilingual (French/English) is an asset.
Feeling hesitant because you don't meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us!
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction. All applicants must meet the following requirements:Minimum age of 18 years. Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance.
Locate your future workplace
574 Monarch Avenue Ajax L1S 2G8
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran