Working as a key member of the Performance and Dynamics team, the Sr. Performance Engineer/ Analyst is responsible for the Performance aspects of the Landing Gear and Landing Gear System of both development and legacy programs.
- Simulations of landing impact, landing gear recoil performance, and ground maneuvering loads.
- Simulations of integrated landing gear retraction/extension system and landing gear steering system
- Perform landing gear shimmy and stability analysis.
- Development, validation and verification of simulation and analysis models.
- Create certification documentation and establish qualification test requirements.
- Liaison with internal and external customers and supplier engineers.
- Play lead role in supporting on-going development programs.
- Review external partner's/supplier's performance reports for compliance to airworthiness specifications and customer requirements.
Proficient with dynamic modeling / control theory/ simulation tools, C or C++ language and computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
• Extensive experience on ADAMS, AMESIM, MATLAB/Simulink and strong background on controls system design and analysis
• Experience and knowledge on virtual or real-time system modeling is not mandatory but a definite asset
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to supervise and lead junior engineers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Special knowledge - Landing gear structure dynamics and systems performance
Bachelor or Master degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.
11.07.2021 Architecture and systems engineering