• Design of landing gear and associated systems using CATIA V5
• Work on special projects and design changes/improvements
• Responsible for ensuring the design of the equipment meets the applicable specification requirements including FAR and JAR
• Create and update documents using Product Data Management (PDM) system
• Participate in Concurrent Engineering with various company functions including Stress, Dynamics, Systems, Quality, Product Support, Manufacturing, etc.
• Ensure that lessons learned are applied to new designs
• Ensure that a common design approach is followed using harmonized standards
• Evaluation and disposition of Non-Conformances against parts and assemblies
• Checking of designers/engineers/offload work
• Support in-service aircraft for production repair, in-service repair, investigations and associated Material Review Board activities
• AOG after-hours support if required
• Mechanical or Aerospace engineering degree
• Minimum 10 years experience in landing gear design and/or integration
• Familiar with all aspects of design of landing gear ; mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems and components
• Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing to ASME Y.14.5M-1994
• Proven capability in the use of CATIA V5, solid modeling, kinematics and 2D layouts
• Excellent English written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office required
• Detail and results oriented with a well developed problem solving ability
• Ability to support AOG after hours as part of a team on a schedule if required
• Ability to travel internationally
• Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
Feeling hesitant because you don't meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us!
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction. All applicants must meet the following requirements:Minimum age of 18 years. Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance.
Locate your future workplace
574 Monarch Avenue Ajax L1S 2G8
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran