• Develop and manage internal and external supplier special processes.
• Conduct product and process audits internally and at supplier's facilities to Safran Landing Systems & NADCAP requirements.
• Qualify and maintain quality information on supplier approvals, processes and products.
• Work closely with Procurement, Engineering, M&P and suppliers to correct/improve drawing or specification requirements.
• Develop and maintain proactive supplier quality focus which translates customer quality needs in continuous quality process improvement.
• Take ownership, review, improve and manage technique review and approval process.
• Involved in contract and design review when requested by suppliers.
• Involved in the support of the supplier network worldwide.
• Correspond with suppliers on special process/NDT queries.
• Lead Quality investigations and manage Root Cause Corrective Analysis
• University Degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering.
• A NDT Level II or III qualification (would be a benefit)
• A strong background in quality and/or engineering in the aerospace industry are preferred.
• Results oriented and steadfast in ensuring the integrity of the Company's Quality system.
• Experience in machining, special processing (Heat treatment, Chemical Processes, Surface Enhancement and Coatings) and assembly of landing gear parts and assemblies.
• Trained ISO-9001 Lead Assessor and/or previous supplier auditing experience desired.
• Experience in quality tools, RCCA, 8D analysis, PFMEA and continuous improvement.
• Strong negotiation skills and experience in dealing with suppliers.
• Experience in charting, improving and streamlining processes.
• Good computer, analytical, statistical, interpretative and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills at all levels, flexibility.
• Strong communication skills. Bilingualism (English and French) would be a definite asset.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with constantly changing priorities.
• Ability and willingness to complete work on a fixed and demanding schedule, and follow-up on outstanding issues in a timely fashion.
• Able to work long hours (when necessary) and to travel.
• Must meet ITAR/Controlled Goods Program clearance requirements
Locate your future workplace
574 Monarch Avenue Ajax L1S 2G8
- © Safran