For a Program (or a Program family), of bought parts, system-equipment and SLS liability services, ref. design-drawings and/or specifications, as well as investments:
• To represent as focal and leader, the Purchasing team—to be the owner of the Purchase process within the Integrated Program Team (IPT)
• Ensure the Purchasing process is respected in accordance with EN9100, aligned with the Advanced Product Quality Planning (AQAP) and SAFRAN Group rules
• Prepare any Program Purchasing related documentation—to set-up and drive the Purchasing activities. E.g., Program Purchasing Plan (PPP), Program Work Package Agreement, Purchasing Roadmap, PB Overview, for all and any other Purchasing related activities.
• Participate and lead as Purchasing's focal, the estimation process (RC & NRC)—to provide and update the Purchasing cost evolution from initial bid phase through to certification.
• Ensure the « Flow Down » of the contractual requirements from our Customers to the Commodity Purchasing team.
• Ensure that the IPT is aware of the impact on suppliers of SAFRAN Landing Systems (SLS) technical, contractual and logistical requirements
• Ensure all Purchasing actions are completed in a timely manner in support of the Program schedule
• Identify Purchasing risks related to the Program and manage them in accordance with the SAFRAN Group Risk procedure. To ensure hot topics are resolved timely and properly. If required are escalated to head of the functions.
• Permanently monitor key emerging and hot topics to ensure all functions are fully informed. Also that, Purchasing, Program, Production and Engineering, dedicate appropriate efforts to those topics
• Communicate to the Commodity Buyers modifications and constraints from the final customer
• Take part of the Make or Buy decisions
• Coordinate the dedicated Implementation Specialists to support the industrialization of the equipment under their responsibility
• Update the Purchasing Program Dashboard (RC, NRC, schedule, contractualization, risk…) and any additional specific Program reporting required
• Understand the Customer Services Spares Parts requirements and ensure that Buyers include them in their negotiations
• Ensure export control and offset obligations related to the supply base are achieved
• For Build-to-Specification (BTS) products the PB is the pilot: leading activities with the Suppliers ensuring all milestones are met on time during the development phase up to certification.
• For Build-to-Print (BTP) activities—ensure that all Program industrialisations, are considered and completely understood by the Industrialisation Pole. In accordance with the Program schedule.
• Act as the Purchasing focal, in conjunction with the Commodity Buyers, to develop a Purchasing Roadmap for the supply base for the life of the Program covering OE (& spares) requirements. With a goal to achieve the Program Quality, Cost, and Delivery (QCD) objectives. Drive the necessary plan and actions in place. To ensure that the Program Targets and Objectives are tracked and managed accordingly.
• Ensure the concurrent-engineering and design-to-cost processes, are effective for purchased parts involving suppliers and other SLS functions (& SAFRAN Group partners)
• Support Commodity Buyers in the supplier selection process and design modification negotiation process
• Work closely with Estimating and Commodity Buyers to ensure an up to date and validated Cost Model. Including the current supplier, contractual commitments, future design evolutions, cost reduction actions and potential supplier claims (risks).
• Support all functions to propose and ensure value-added cost reduction actions. Act as the Purchasing focal; to lead plans to achieve the agreed objectives.
• University or College Degree/Diploma, preferably in Business/and or Engineering
• Technical appreciation of landing gear and manufacturing processes
• Business skills
• 3 or more years of Purchasing, Supply Chain and/or Engineering experience, preferably in Aerospace
• Analytical and rigorous
• Team player
• Communication skills at all levels, including the ability to summarize and simplify complex subjects
• Fluent in English, French an asset
• Experience in Project Management and/or in transversal management
• Analysis and formalization of customer requirements
• Understanding of the technical environment and customer's expectations
• Management of the supplier relationship
• Purchasing administration and organization understanding
• Strongly organized, rigorous and results oriented personality
• Strength of conviction
• Analytical and synthetically minded
• Tenacity and perseverance
• Strong relational ease
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.