The Production Program Manager is Industrial focal between the IPT & Operations. The PPM is responsible for the continuous improvement of the structural Industrial performance (delivery, quality) for the Program and accountable for costs for the Production scope of work for its Programs. As an escalation, the PPM can temporarily become the coordinator of the recovery plan in support of the execution functions.
Industrial focal between the IPT & operations and supported by all functions;
• Escalate as needed to the IPT the Industrial blockers where support of functions are needed ;
• Cascade IPT requirements impacting Industrial Operations;
• Industrial focal point with the Customer as required by Programs;
• Understands, prioritizes industrial global critical activities within the IPT, especially with Eng. (cost reduction, manufacturability, design changes, NC etc.) & validates Design Changes on behalf of Operations.
The PPM is responsible for the continuous improvement of the structural Industrial performance (delivery, quality) for the Programs (but not responsible or accountable for the Execution activities (Day to day activities))
In order to achieve this goal, the PPM is responsible to
• Collect, consolidate & assess the risks and develop & evaluate risk mitigation plans;
• Manage monthly the OvRMs during transfers (Internal & External);
• Ensure recovery action plans are consistent and robust (In case on non-performance);
• Verify Manufacturing plans & Assembly plans are in line with the rules defined and ensure protection of the Prg;
o Source of proposal for buffering policy adjustments (Buffer Stock, Buffer Time, Production Plan buffer target);
• Propose evolutions to the Industrial Scheme based on the existing performance & risks;
o Describe the Program Industrial Scheme;
o Analyze the performance of the Industrial Scheme;
• In liaise with Program, propose protection plans to High & Low scenarios & associated Customer Logistics Conditions;
• Lead WHAT-IF scenario assessments.
• Coordinate with Spare PPM for Spare & Dual parts (Spare & OE)
The PPM is to become accountable for costs for the Production scope of work for its Programs:
• Participate actively to the MTP preparation & consolidation by framing the budgets for the Program & defining the vision of the Industrial Scheme evolution and risks to take into account;
• Consolidate RTDI & rechargeable NRC budgets for the Production;
• Consolidate cost saving actions for MAKE parts & promotes Industrial teams to identify cost saving opportunities (Including MAKE part variance analysis);
• Propose Industrial Scheme evolutions taking into account cost impacts.
In case of escalation, the PPM becomes temporarily coordinator of the recovery plan in support of the execution functions to restore the performance of the program
• Set, agree, work & conclude the recovery plan
• but not responsible or accountable for the OTD/OQD Execution activities
Qualifications and Experience:
• College diploma or University Degree preferably in Engineering and/or Business Administration.
• Project Management Designation (PMP) highly desirable.
• 3+ years working in Project/Program Management
• Experience working with external customers.
• Good understanding of engineering principles
• 2+ years of proven management experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
• Bilingual would be an asset
Required Skills and Qualities:
Knowledge: LG Product and process, configuration management, basics of MRPII processes, use of ERP
Core Skills: strong ability to build and communicate a vision, strong procurement & purchasing skills, strong ability to drive recovery plans (execution), financial principles, project management
Soft Skills: leadership, customer oriented, cross-functional team mgmt., proactive, autonomous, performance driven
Feeling hesitant because you don't meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us!
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction. All applicants must meet the following requirements:Minimum age of 18 years. Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance
Locate your future workplace
574, Monarch Avenue L1S 4S4