• Effectively operates as the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for Customer Services, MRO, Operations, Purchasing, Lean Sigma, Compliance and US CS functions.
• Maintains good communication and positive relationships with employees and managers to promote employee engagement.
• Directs and oversees Safran LS TOR's labour relations programs, policies and procedures, establishing and maintaining a collaborative labour management relationship. Interprets the Collective Agreement and advises and assists management in the appropriate resolution of Labour Relations related issues, grievance procedures and arbitration.
• Ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance with government regulations.
• Manages compensation functions, including survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development, incentive plan design, and associated comparative analysis. Designs, develops and implements compensation programs that appropriately reward and recognize performance, remain competitive and conform to the Compensation strategy in line with legislative requirements and SafranLS guidelines.
• Monitors trends affecting pay and benefits and assess/recommend how SafranLS TOR can improve its practices or policies.
• Manages the benefits functions, including life, health, and disability insurance, retirement plans wellness programs and paid time off. Ensures benefits programs remain competitive and conform to current benefits strategy in line with legislative requirement and SafranLS guidelines.
• Selects and chooses outside partners such as benefits vendors and investment managers in conjunction with other Safran Canada entities.
• Oversees the administration of attendance, disability management and WSIB benefits programs.
• Identifies and analyzes issues with labour or employee relations infractions and provides recommendations for resolutions.
• Devises collective bargaining strategies to ensure CA is aligned with SafranLS TOR's strategic directions. Operates as lead negotiator on behalf of the Company.
• Develops and implements appropriate policies and procedures in compliance with government legislation and best practices.
• Guides managers and employees through the performance management and goal setting process.
• Employment Equity and AODA focal and Privacy officer for SafranLS TOR.
• Actively participates on the pension committee and recommends overall pension plan design approaches. Manages the pension plans for SafranLS TOR ensuring appropriate employee and management communications.
• Time and attendance management process lead.
• Ensures appropriate workforce planning, skills mapping, people reviews and other talent management processes for areas of responsibility.
• Site lead for the PEGI share purchase program.
• Develops and implements a rewards and recognition strategy ensuring the programs are in line with best practices.
• Facilitates training programs and leadership circles on leadership development initiatives.
• Fosters and promotes a culture of diversity, inclusion and respect in support and alignment with Safran's values.
Excellent negotiation skills. Strong ability to work with employees at all levels, Proven ability to work as a team player in a collaborative environment. Advanced excel skills and ability to perform complex data analysis. Grievance, arbitration, and mediation/alternative dispute resolution processes. Must be able to manage projects.
University degree or equivalent in a related discipline. CHRL or CHRE an asset.
Minimum of 10 years of successful, progressive and senior level Labour Relations experience in a manufacturing, unionized environment. Previous experience with compensation/benefits and negotiations/arbitrations.
Expert collective bargaining and labour management negotiation skills, compensation and benefits practices knowledge. Knowledgeable on relevant government legislation (Labour law, OHS, Human Rights) and sources of law e.g. arbitration awards, case law etc. Ability to work through complex business and people challenges. Ability to integrate strategic directions in to the people management practices of the functions supported.
Excellent communication and people management skills required with a consultative approach.
Excellent liaison skills for interfacing with IAM representatives, legal counsel, pension actuaries, government officials etc.
Feeling hesitant because you don't meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us!
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction. All applicants must meet the following requirements:Min age of 18 years. Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) clearance
Locate your future workplace
574 Monarch Avenue Ajax L1S 2G8
- © Safran