This position is the HRIS focal for the site, managing the HRIS systems and other related HR software programs. Primarily responsible for general HR administration within the department, supporting each area of HR.
• First point of HR contact with employees – liaises with employees and managers on routine HR inquiries (e.g. PEGI, benefits, employment verifications, forms, upcoming events etc.).
• Provides information and support regarding Company policies, leads the policy revision schedule and coordinates updates accordingly.
• Conducts HR portion of 1st day new employee orientation.
• Ensures proper accuracy of documentation and compliance with HR internal controls.
• Develops, prepares and distributes communications on behalf of HR regarding upcoming events, organizational announcements etc. Maintains all bulletin boards throughout facility.
• Ensures all HR related documents are received from managers and admins
• Lead focal for the HRIS systems in place including Vantage, SAP, SELIA, etc. and responsible for the data integrity and development of complex reports.
• As the main focal for Employee Status Change form processing, performs data entry on all relevant areas needed to ensure accurate current employee data in HRIS & systems (inputs all new hires & ensures compensation adjustments are in at least 1 day before payroll processing).
• Compiles salary and other HR statistics for reports and government compliance activities – hours of work, employment equity recording and reporting. Completes compensation and employment surveys as required.
• Tracks headcount reporting for the site and collaborates with Payroll for accuracy of data.
• Administers the years of service gift program and the Induction Passport/Survey process.
• Coordinates the HR/HSE/Facilities/Security risk reviews and updates all required documents.
• General administrative functions including consolidating weekly highlights report, maintaining the HR calendar, tracking future events requiring HR action, employment verifications, supply orders, maintaining central files and binders, Org. charts, 5S, GPI Inspections, Iron Mountain archiving and metrics reporting.
• Supports team members by preparing presentation/training on processes ‘from scratch'
• Ensures all SAP invoicing functions are completed and processed in a timely manner.
• Supports the administration of the Keyscan and employee badging system.
• Assists with special site projects / events as needed (e.g. Open House, ECF campaigns etc.)
• Develops and incorporates HR Insite (website) Content, including updating documents on HR SharePoint and CHEOPS.
Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and apply absolute discretion to all matters given managing highly sensitive information. Proven ability to act as a team player in a collaborative environment. Initiative and willingness to tackle new challenges; outstanding organization skills required.
Education &/or Certifications: Post-secondary education in HR or a related field. Working towards CHRP a definite advantage.
Work Experience: 3-5 years of related HR experience in manufacturing unionized environment.
Specialized Knowledge: Multitasking abilities an absolute must. A keen attention to detail. Proficient in software systems and preferred experience with HRIS systems. Knowledge of practical and professional HR systems, policies and processes. Advanced competency in MS Office suite of tools (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Internal: Strong communication skills required as extensive communication internally with all levels of the organization (verbal & written); ability to draft/develop effective memos and presentations.
External: Routine communications with suppliers, outside employers etc
Feeling hesitant because you don't meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us!
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction. All applicants must meet the following requirements:Minimum age of 18 years. Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Locate your future workplace
574 Monarch Avenue Ajax L1S 2G8
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran