Performs honing holes to blueprint dimensions including finishing bores to close tolerances.
• Honing holes according to drawings, procedures and technical specifications.
• To control product quality and to take appropriate corrective actions.
• To continuously improve and optimise the work processes, methods and tools.
General Machinist background required with 2+ years experience in a machine shop environment
• Knowledge of honing stones & mandrels
• Ability to work to close tolerances
• Must be able to use precision measuring instruments (Bore Gauges etc.)
• Basic CNC knowledge
• Must be capable of reading blueprints
• Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations an asset
• Competent decision making skills are required.
• Ability to work with changing priorities
• Basic computer knowledge is required.
• Preference will be given to those applicants having served an apprenticeship or Technical School qualification
Behavioural competencies :
• Communication Skills
• Interpersonal Skills (involving working effectively with others, consistent with the company's values)
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Works well in a team environment.
The ability to work shifts when required
Feeling hesitant because you don't meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us!
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction. All applicants must meet the following requirements:Minimum age of 18 years. Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy.
Locate your future workplace
574 Monarch Avenue Ajax L1S 2G8