• Assembling/disassembling aircraft landing gear components, shock struts, actuators and flight controls per supplied drawings and process instructions.
• Identifying proper and improper fits, alignments and condition of components.
• Other related duties as required including repairing and assembly of aircraft landing gear components, shock struts, actuators and flight controls
• Must be able to read blueprints and hydraulic schemes that identify and explain the function of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components.
• Proven problem solving skills and experience/exposure to lean manufacturing.
• Identifying non-conformances when assembling landing gear.
• Graduate from Aircraft Maintenance College or Licensed AME or five years related experience in a relevant field.
• Ability to use hand and machine tools.
• Must be able to identify corrosion and other abnormalities found in supplied parts
• Able to work with little or no supervision.
• The ability to work shifts when required.
• Proven ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal a must.
• Basic computer skills are an asset
Locate your future workplace
574 Monarch Avenue Ajax L1S 2G8
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran