• Design of landing gear and associated systems using CATIA V5
• Produce layouts and tolerance analysis with a mindset of design for manufacture/cost.
• Basic engineering analysis to substantiate initial layouts
• Responsible for ensuring the design of the equipment meets the applicable specification requirements including FAR and JAR
• Ability to create Model Based Definition of large structural components
• Create and update documents using Product Data Management system
• Participate in Concurrent Engineering with various company functions including Stress, Dynamics, Systems, Quality, Product Support, Manufacturing, etc.
• Ensure that lessons learned are applied to new design
• Ensure that a common design approach is followed using harmonized standards
• Evaluation and disposition of Non-Conformances against parts and assemblies
• Support in-service aircraft for production repair, in-service repair, investigations and associated Material Review Board activities
• AOG after-hours support if required
• Occasionally work offsite for extended periods at customer/partner facilities within or outside of Canada if required.
• University degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum 7 years' experience in an aerospace environment, landing gear design and/or integration is preferred
• Familiar with all aspects of design of landing gear ; mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems and components
• Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing to ASME Y.14.5M-1994
• Proven ability to create tolerance stack-ups and comprehensive design layouts
• Proven capability in the use of CATIA V5, solid modeling, kinematics and 2D layouts
• Excellent English written, oral communication and presentation skills
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office required
• Detail and results oriented with a well-developed problem solving ability
• Ability to support AOG after hours as part of a team on a schedule if required
• Ability to travel internationally if required
• Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.