• Reporting to the Integrated Product Team - Engineering Group Leader
• Design of landing gear and associated systems using CATIA V5
• Produce layouts and tolerance analysis with a mindset of design for manufacture/cost.
• Basic engineering analysis to substantiate initial layouts
• Responsible for ensuring the design of the equipment meets the applicable specification requirements including CAR, FAR and CS
• Ability to create high quality Model Based Definition and/or comprehensive detail drawings of structural components
• Create and update documents using Product Data Management system
• Participate in Concurrent Engineering with various company functions including Stress, Dynamics, Systems, Quality, Product Support, Manufacturing, etc.
• Ensure that lessons learned are applied to new designs
• Ensure that a common design approach is followed using harmonized company standards
• Evaluation and disposition of Non-Conformances against parts and assemblies
• Support in-service aircraft for production repair, in-service repair, investigations and associated Material Review Board activities
• AOG after-hours support if required
• Occasionally work offsite for extended periods at customer/partner facilities within or outside of Canada if required.
• Mentoring of less experienced Designers
• Other company/Engineering related activities as required
• University degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum 7 years' experience in an aerospace environment, landing gear design and/or integration is preferred
• Familiar with all aspects of design of landing gear; mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems and components
• Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing to ASME Y.14.5M-1994
• Proven ability to create tolerance stack-ups and comprehensive design layouts
• Proven capability in the use of CATIA V5, solid modeling, kinematics, MBD and 2D layouts
• Excellent English, written, oral communication and presentation skills
Locate your future workplace
574, Monarch Avenue L1S 4S4