This position reports to the Operations Controller and is a key member of the Cost Controlling team which supports the Finance Organization, the Operations Team and the Purchasing Function. The successful incumbent must have experience and skills sets necessary for strong analysis, planning and control activities and ideally will have experience in SAP.
• Manages all the steps for the creation of standard cost calculations for the yearly Standard Cost Campaign.
• Performs the standard cost calculation for new parts created during the year.
• Performs the tracking, analyzing and reconciling of Purchase Price Variances to support the Month End financial close process.
• Provides accounting entries for adjustments to Purchase Price Variances to support the Month End financial close process.
• Providing Purchasing function with Purchase Price Variances reporting.
• Compile data for creating the purchases volume reporting to support the Month End financial close process.
• Manages the material master data accounting and costing views creation process.
• Creation and updating of Purchase Info Records for Interco purchased parts.
• Other tasks as assigned
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing cost environment
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail is a must, rigorous (ensures accuracy)
• Strong Excel skills. Must be able to handle large data tables and be experienced with pivot tables and V look-ups
• Good working knowledge of MS Office is an asset
• Experience working with ERP systems (SAP strongly preferred)
• Experience managing product standard costs in a manufacturing environment is preferred
• Self-motivated and able to work independently; work well under pressure
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills as this role requires interaction with several internal customers as well as other members of the costing team
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• CPA or CPA finalist Preferred
Feeling hesitant because you don't meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us!
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction. All applicants must meet the following requirements:Minimum age of 18 years. Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran