The Commercial Manager leads all commercial activities or contract evolution in support of CS and MRO programs. He/she is part of the Customer Services Team and is accountable for achieving the program's commercial MTP and strategic objectives. The Commercial Manager manages bids related to new MRO and CS business opportunities with current and new customers.
Contacts and Relationships to be maintained: Program teams, management, finance
Magnitude/Scope of Responsibility: Responsible for the commercial day-to day relation with program Customer, achievement of related program commercial objectives. Identifies and secures new business development targets
Degree of Confidentiality: Required for all commercial/financial aspects, Customer relation,
Ownership of Processes/Procedures: For the program assigned, proposal & contract review, Commercial process guidelines,
• Develops and fosters relationships with customers, being the focal point of contact for all commercial or contractual aspects and business development for all MRO and CS opportunities.
• Prepares and presents for approval, business model updates relating to major programs.
• Identifies, prepares, or leads the preparation of all commercial offers or contracts evolution, with inputs from key internal stakeholders (MRO, CS, and PSM's). Secures all appropriate validations prior to bid submissions etc.
• Interfaces with CS Commercial Managers in Europe to ensure consistency and conformity to corporate initiatives and policies.
• Tracks commercial activities performance, risk and opportunities potential and regularly reports on progress. Co ordinates the CS and MRO inputs to Commercial Team for site reporting.
• Supports Safran + initiatives related to commercial activities
• Co ordinate with and support advanced marketing in support of new business development activities related to targeted programs, with the Commercial Team.
• Manages risk for the commercial aspects of the contract through performing risk analysis and developing mitigation plans.
• Supports the Spares and Logistics team with lease and exchange pricing and review and signing of transactional documents. Provide legal liaison in the event of changes to lease and exchange documents.
• Co ordinates the annual revision to and release of spare parts catalogues for site based Bombardier programs.
• Actively is involved in any Health, Safety and Environment initiative as HS&E is every employee's responsibility.
Skills and Core Competencies: Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and planning skills. Ability to multi-task and to work to tight timelines. Solid financial and contract terms understanding, leadership & influencing skills. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills – high capability in message formulation and communication with customers. Ability to effectively represent the company at meetings with confidence. Product knowledge.
Education and/or Certifications: College diploma or University degree preferably in Business. Project Management (PMP an asset)
Work Experience: 5 years aviation industry experience preferably at the aircraft/operational level. Experience working with aircraft operators and MRO customers in a transactional role a must, proven negotiation experience, proven teamwork experience.
Specialized Knowledge: Aircraft operation, aviation regulatory environment, contract management, “well honed” negotiation skills, Excel and other computer software. Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, using tact, diplomacy and good judgement.
Internal: ability to work effectively in a Program matrix organisation, legal, program managers, Commercial Directors, Future programs
External: ability to work effectively with customers
Specificity of the job
Feeling hesitant because you don't meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us! While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
Locate your future workplace
574 Monarch Avenue Ajax L1S 2G8
- © Safran