The incumbent will be responsible for researching, defining and implementing all aspects of IS infrastructure required to support Local/Global projects or new digital initiatives as assigned to support North American activities. This person will actively seek out and research new technologies, provide effective investigation of servers, infrastructure and provide effective proposals of change for said platforms. They will work with other IS groups to industrialize proven technology which includes, building servers, building/modifying networks, installing applications or provisioning in the cloud to meet the business needs or project specific deliverables. The incumbent will act as the IS Infrastructure technical resource for IS related projects as assigned by IS Management.
Lead IT Infrastructure Projects
• Responsible for designing and implementing infrastructure needed to deploy new industrial technologies.
• Responsible for defining the plan to implement new infrastructure to support a new or existing technology.
• Responsible for creating the infrastructure design proposals and presenting these proposals to the Chief Information Security Officer and the Local/Global Chief Architects to gain approval.
• Responsible for preparing all required technical architecture documentation, network diagrams, information flow diagrams, security sheets, change controls, DRP Documents, trainings or hand-over documentation to support the project transition into production.
• Preparing presentations to present project proposals & feasibilities and to present IS project status to the PMO and IS Management.
Build Server/Desktop and Network Infrastructure:
• Building physical rack servers.
• Installing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 Enterprise servers
• Creating VMWare servers including build of OS and services for Windows, Linux, SharePoint.
• Implementing/Configuring new network/Wi-Fi infrastructure (Cisco) to support new initiatives.
• Implementing/Configuring/Managing Enterprise storage and backup solutions.
• Provisioning infrastructure/platforms/solutions in the cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS)
• Ensuring compliance to all security regulations or standards during builds.
• Act as L2 and in some cases L3 support for IS infrastructure/Systems/Platforms
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and providing resolution to complex problems of physical servers, networks, wireless or security systems.
• Work with IS lead to resolve failure of physical servers, network devices and appliances, and recommending improvements to avoid re-occurrence of the same problem.
• Contribute to the maintenance and administration of data center hardware performing changes, support and decommissioning of local physical and VM servers when requested
• Support administration of Unix/Linux systems such as Suse Linux Enterprise, HP-UX, IBM-AIX
• Implementing software OS and firmware updates of WiFi controller
• Developing PowerShell scripts to automate repetitive daily administrations tasks and customized scripts for resolving incidents and problems to prevent recurrence
• Participating in the "On-Call" rotation with 4 other IS personnel.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven Project Management skills.
- Experience in various IT/IS disciplines, technologies, and platforms (Infrastructure, Networking,firewalls, communication protocols, databases and mobility).
- Working knowledge of VMWare, NetApp, Citrix, Palo Alto and various Windows Server Operating systems
- Experience with Monitoring tool solutions (Nagios, Nessus, etc)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Innovative mindset and persistence.
- Decision making skills.
- Planning and organization
- Analytical Skills.
- Customer service and continuous improvement mindset.
- Technical Writing Skills. (Specifically related to IS projects)
- Ability to concurrently project manage a diverse list of items
- Able to collect and translate business requirements.
- Flexibility, ability to change focus and adopt to changing corporate priorities.
- Time Management skills
Specialized Knowledge in networking and computer hardware listed below would be an asset:
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Cisco Wifi Infrastructures
- Cisco video conference solutions
- Mcafee/Palo-Alto Firewalls & Beeware App Firewalls.
- WAN, MPLS, LAN
- SQL Clustered servers/Oracle ESX servers.
- NetApp (Network Appliance)
- Avaya Phone Systems
- HP Blades/VMware Clusters/Dell Clusters
- UNIX/Linux Operating systems
- MS PowerShell Scripting knowledge.
Specialized knowledge with provisioning infrastructure/platforms/Solutions in the cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) on either AWS Gov or Azure platforms.
Excellent communication skills required for interactions with target audiences from end users to IS Management.
Excellent communications skills required for interaction with other IS personnel at other SLS sites, suppliers, contractors or customers. French language is an asset, but not mandatory.
Education and/or Certifications: All items listed below will be considered an asset, but the candidate must have a recognized University degree, preferred in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering
- MCSA (Server and core infrastructure) and Cisco CCNA certification or working towards it.
- MCTS certifications or working towards it is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019.
- Good working knowledge of networking concepts including an understanding of TCPIP and the OSI networking model.
- Must be able to meet Services Canada CGR requirement to a NATO level clearance.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements: Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arm
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Specificity of the job
Possible North America or Europe.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.