This General Manager position is located in London, Ontario, Canada
Oversees the overall operation of the business unit with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability, including financial performance, operational metric performance, quality and engineering performance, regulatory compliance, labor and customer relations.
CA: around 11M€
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for facilities, execution/delivery including programs, manufacturing and process engineering, production, supply chain, production control and quality;
• Trains, mentors, develops, coaches and counsels management staff to ensure desired results are achieved in daily operations and meeting mid to long-term company goals;
• Actively participates and interacts with Purchasing to determine proper strategies to improve supplier performance and optimize raw material cost;
• Recruits, supports, and evaluates staff to manage roles and responsibilities for the achievement of results;
• Establishes and maintains the budget and has P&L accountability for the business unit;
• Reviews and evaluates total company performance on a continuing basis and establishes proper measure of performance;
• Directs and participates in global marketing initiatives, interfacing with Sales and Marketing, to fulfill strategic planning objectives and identify new business opportunities;
• Provides consultation and guidance in the preparation of proposals for company products and services for Safran Electrical Components.
• Maintains positive customer relations by ensuring the highest level of quality, delivery, and service while managing risks and opportunities and conducts periodic performance reviews with customers and Safran Electrical Components executives;
• Establishes current and long range objectives, plans, and policies and leads all Team Members and management in meeting and exceeding facility goals and when necessary, provides direction for modification in business plans in accordance with prevailing business conditions;
• Identifies and evaluates options to maximize business opportunities and implement best practices for optimal company performance;
• Drives quality mindset throughout the organization;
• Ensures business unit commitment to a safe working environment and the HSE standards and processes established by corporate;
• Maintains a positive employee relations environment and fosters a culture of continuous improvement, employee engagement in the effort to meet facility goals, and open communication between the leadership team and team members;
• Assesses and supports continuous improvement programs through Six Sigma and Lean methodologies;
• Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and standard business ethics and enforces compliance for management and Team Members;
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
• Regular, predictable attendance is required;
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in the field of Business, Operations Management, Engineering, or a related field and prefer a Master's degree in the field of Business or Operations Management.
• Requires 7+ years of progressive management experience with increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the aerospace industry.
• Requires 5 years of experience in a continuous improvement, Six Sigma, or Lean environment.
Strong leadership : Demonstrated ability to influence/motivate people across a wide range of levels to perform at higher levels by coaching and mentoring and active listening - Expert
• Demonstrated business and functional expertise, including the ability to use business acumen, functional operational knowledge, experience, and strategy to determine the best course of action. Proven ability to formulate sound business decisions in the face of an ambiguous and challenging environment. - Expert
• Interpersonal skills to build good working relationships with individuals at all levels internal and external to the organization. – Expert
• Ability to work within a matrix organization.
• Effective general communication and negotiation skills including excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to be influential in conversation. Uses communication proactively and strategically, to enable organizational performance. - Expert
• Working knowledge of AS9100/ISO9002 quality systems. - Advanced
• Demonstrated value of the importance of process, process improvement and process control in yielding business success, ideally via Lean/Kaizan/5S and/or Six Sigma. - Expert
• Strategic planning skills with extensive experience in budgeting and forecasting. – Expert
• Financial acumen. – Expert
• Ability to drive change process and manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities. – Expert
• Hands on – Expert
• Problem solving and Creative thinking - Expert
Direct responsibility for all functions within the business unit. Direct reports include APUs, Engineering manager, Supply Chain manager, Safran+ manager. Indirect reports include Quality manager, Program Managers, Finance manager and Human Resources manager
Specificity of the job
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment with moderate office noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. This position requires business travel as needed (approximately 25%) with some international travel
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 11,500 employees across 13 different countries.
- © Safran