To manage the interface and act as the primary focal point between Safran Nacelle Limited and our customers on Airbus (A330neo/Trent 700) and Dassault (F7X/F8X) Programmes, for all matters regarding both product and process quality.
Work collaboratively with your internal and external stakeholders to meet their needs
• To organise and present the Customer Quality Reviews on a regular basis
• To prepare and update DAMAs in support of any quality escapes
• To call and chair DAMA meetings & track progress
• To participate in Airworthiness Meetings in support of DAMA processing and represent the Quality function
• To be responsible for the preparation & revision of all Customer quality process documentation, e.g. Quality Plans, etc.
• To ensure the transmission of Customer Quality matters to either the Operational Quality Manager, Supplier Quality Assurance Manager or other function for full and timely resolution. The resolution closer must be agreed/approved by you or with agreement of Customer with open topics tracked by you
• To ensure the cosmetic quality of delivered products meets the needs/expectations of Customer
• To manage the Customer returns process and stock location audits
• Provide weekly and monthly reporting of Customer Quality KPIs through the QA dashboard
• To ensure the review of all Customer Quality documents and requirements are shared/applied
• To work collaboratively with your peers and other functions to foster a positive working relationship.
• Provide excellent quality products and superior service to your stakeholders.
• Meeting defined objectives
• To organise and present the Customer Quality Reviews
• Support / Facilitate both Internal / external Customer quality audits
• Responsible for the management of Customer feedback / satisfaction
• Identify areas and propose solutions, wherever possible, to reduce costs and maximise profit.
• To manage the Programme Quality financial budget
• Experience of working within quality standards & Regulations in an aerospace or automotive environment is ideal
• Good knowledge of the applicable products and applications (Nacelle)
• Experience of internal/external audits
• Ability to present/influence and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders
• Experience of the implementation of key quality tools (SPC, FMEA, 8D, Six Sigma)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication, presentation, inter-personal and IT skills
• Pragmatic approach to organising, planning and keeping to timeline for reports and any agreed customer focus'
• Motivated and able to work under pressure
• HNC or HND/ Degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
• Formal quality qualification and eligibility for membership of the IQA is beneficial
• Working knowledge of French (written and spoken) is beneficial but not essential
Specificity of the job
Depending on Customer location can occasionally be worldwide
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Nacelles is a world leader for aircraft nacelles and an active player in after-market services, with 23,000 products in service, and 145,000 daily flight hours. The company is active in all segments of the market, from regional jets and corporate aircraft to the largest airliners.