Location: Burnley, Lancashire
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Safran Nacelles are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to be based on-site in Burnley.
You will be required to communicate opportunities and work within the operational, quality and design teams to develop most efficient ways to use people, parts and tooling, highlighting areas that can be improved and working with the operations team to implement these changes by creating action & timing plans that can be used to measure the implementation progress.
CANDIDATE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Manufacturing Engineer, with a good understanding of Aerospace manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Good knowledge of metallic and composite materials & processes.
- Ability to define, modify & maintain manufacturing process documentation, including WIS, COS, ECR & PPAP.
- Production / shopfloor support.
- Experience of using / implementing Lean Sigma and Quality tools.
- Innovative and wanting to continually improve the manufacturing process.
- DATA management (drawings, master layouts, batch cards).
- Catia V5/6 & PLM.
- Project planning.
- Investigate potential manufacturing processes for modifications to existing components / assemblies.
- To define / optimise the manufacturing process for each component / assembly, based on the correct balance of cost, quality, lead time, manufacturability, safety and performance ensuring a robust & repeatable process.
- Produce cost justification for potential investment.
- SAP Skills.
- Produce item masters, routes, production bills of materials, master layouts, tooling requests, COS & ECR's for Composites & Assemblies products.
- Knowledge of Design & Manufacture Configuration process & activities.
- Produce cost estimates / standard times for Composites & Assemblies manufacturing processes.
- Develop and implement product inspection plans (ICY & process capability / SPC).
- Prove the capability of the manufacturing process for each component / assembly using the PPAP process and to maintain the PPAP file for any subsequent changes.
- Risk management using PFMEA.
- To provide structured problem solving (8D, RCCA etc.) support to manufacturing areas and to resolve any identified manufacturing process issues.
- To support the dispositioning of manufacturing non-conformances and the definition of any associated repair solutions.
- To complete manufacturing process related corrective actions resulting from manufacturing non-conformances.
- To work rigorously to SAFRAN group procedures.
- Contribute to HSE & ergonomic conformity throughout the assembly lines & site.
Specificity of the job
No travel nationally/internationally required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Nacelles is a world leader for aircraft nacelles and an active player in after-market services, with 23,000 products in service, and 145,000 daily flight hours. The company is active in all segments of the market, from regional jets and corporate aircraft to the largest airliners.
10.19.2021 Manufacture / assembly and repair
Composites NDT Operator
Burnley Lancashire Bb10 2tq, England
10.11.2021 Manufacture / assembly and repair
Burnley Lancashire Bb10 2tq, England