This role will work closely with our counterparts and leadership at Safran group as well as our preferred MSP to deliver key IS projects and ongoing proximity support for our Industrial and IS Infrastructure. We require a highly motivated third line engineer, who can work with multinational teams and local customers to ensure business continuity and digital innovation while maintaining the highest security standards. Potential candidates should have at least 1-3 years of hands-on core infrastructure experience, with both implementation and business as usual skills for a broad range of IS systems. Previous industrial infrastructure support and strong networking skills will be advantageous.
• Support the group's current and future IS systems and their development
• Deliver IS projects and achieve key objectives to agreed timelines
• Supporting the companies' development and implementation of innovation and digitalisation across various functions.
• Document existing infrastructures both industrial and information systems
• Proximity support for 3rd Party MSP including but not limited to Switch/Server/System racking and component upgrades
• Timely resolution of industrial and infrastructure tickets logged by customers
• Adherence to all regulatory practices such as asset management and security practices.
• Keep up with technological advances including current supplier systems/services and evaluate potentially beneficial options as required.
• Review and develop working practices, procedures and training documentation.
• Windows Server 2003-2019 OS Implementation, Troubleshooting
• Active Directory and Group Policy Management
• VMWare VCentre Administration and Support
• Knowledge of backup best practice and associated tools such as Symantec Backup Exec or Veeam
• Managing and Supporting Cisco LAN & WLAN networking equipment.
• Microsoft Accreditations or other industry recognised qualifications
• Knowledge of Linux Server OS
• Knowledge of SAN storage solutions, data management and troubleshooting
• Support of Industrial Networks and Network Security
• Previous experience of industrial assets and support
• Knowledge of ITIL Principles
• Cisco or other industry recognised network qualifications
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Nacelles is a world leader for aircraft nacelles and an active player in after-market services, with 23,000 products in service, and 145,000 daily flight hours. The company is active in all segments of the market, from regional jets and corporate aircraft to the largest airliners.