To carry out repairs of aircraft water & waste equipment and components.
To ensure that all quality, health, safety and environmental requirements are met at all time and to report any issues that arise during the process.
To follow and adhere to written procedures regarding servicing of equipment and health, safety and environmental requirements.
• Survey and identify equipment for parts and serialisation
• Perform the appropriate cleaning operations as required
• Carry out testing and fault diagnosis
• Review the requirements for the job based on the relevant works order
• Review the spares requirements in accordance with the relevant maintenance manual
• Review the service bulletin or amendments required for the particular job
• Allocate and gather the relevant parts with the help of the Team Leader and ensure they meet the required specification
• Carry out necessary repairs in a careful and safe manner
• Remove and replace faulty sub-assembly components
• Completion of repair reports
• Monitor quality of own work and repairs
• Monitor the product ensuring that it is meeting the required specification
• Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of specific tool and test benches
• Inspect each step of the repair process by stamping when authorised to do so by the Quality Manager
• Identify, validate, approve and release all serviced equipment
• Raise any issues or concerns with the Team Leader
• Previous experience in a hands on/manual engineering role
• Previous experience working with hand tools
• Previous experience in carrying out surveys and inspecting for damage
• Previous mechanical experience
• Ability to understand and follow technical documentation such as CMM's
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to analyse and identify faults
• Good verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Well organised with the ability to manage time and work to tight deadlines.
• Diplomatic when faced with issues.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to work and liaise with people at all levels of the business
• Previous engineering experience within an Aerospace environment
• Previous safety equipment experience in an aerospace environment
• Experience of working in line with industry specific regulations including EASA Part 145, FAA, TCCA
*Please note that candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK. We are not currently able to provide UK visa sponsorship for this role*
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
- © Safran