Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Creates a drawing list of assigned wire installation for project level STC
• Defines wire installation requirements and definition for VIP/VVIP aircraft.
• Designs wire installation layouts and drawings utilizing engineering drafting tools in 2D and 3D.
• Reviews completed drawing packages from peers and approves them for release.
• Designs the wire installation of electrical components and equipment with maintenance and operational functionality in mind.
• Supports installation of systems via liaison with modification facility, identifies root cause issues, captures redline updates, resolves design issues and updates drawings to meet schedule.
• Interfaces with customers (internal and external), FAA designees and vendors during entire project to ensure designs meet all requirements.
• Participates in the estimating of assigned wire installation drawings to ensure accuracy of hours.
• Participates in the scheduling of assigned wire installation drawings to ensure accuracy to major milestones and deliverables.
• Prepares design checklist, templates and other processes as needed.
• Maintains close coordination with project engineers to comply with schedule and cost of projects.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Aerospace or Electrical engineering desired, minimum of five years relevant aerospace experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aircraft interior and/or VIP retro-fit experience preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proven proficiency in AutoCAD for design and development of aircraft wire routing drawings for shipside and monuments to latest FAA design standards to meet customer requirements.
• Understands wire schematics, system block diagrams and topologies.
• Extensive technical knowledge of Boeing aircraft for VIP and/or commercial models.
• Strong working knowledge of My Boeing Fleet for OEM data sets.
• Thorough knowledge of equipment/wire installation.
• Understanding of the certification and electrical design process.
• Ability to trouble-shoot electrical systems.
• Competent user of CAD and data management systems.
• Ability to understand and derive multiple customer standard electrical system requirements.
• Must be able to provide layouts and program design reviews.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally across multiple organizations.
• Strong communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.