Coordinates activities involved with procuring, tracking, and expediting goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies.
• Schedules and tracks the material deliveries based upon aircraft modification schedules and maintenance requirements.
• Confers with vendors to obtain product, data or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
• Prepares purchase orders and bid requests.
• Basic negotiation and administration of agreements with suppliers and other representatives within scope of authority.
• Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
• Analyzes price proposals, financial reports and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
• Support achievement of department metrics.
• Maintains and reviews computerized records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance and inventories.
• Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control, users, vendors and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
• Arbitrates claims and resolves complaints generated during performance of contract.
• Approves invoices for payment within scope of authority.
• Expedites delivery of goods to users.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and materials specifications is required.
• Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials, standards, parts and commodities related to VIP aircraft interiors.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.