Safran Aircraft Engine Services Brussels is a subsidiary of Safran Aircraft Engines, based at Brussels Airport (Zaventem, Belgium), specialized in the inspection, maintenance and repair (MRO) of the advanced LEAP jet engines that power the latest generation of the Airbus A320NEO & Boeing B737MAX narrow body families. The company is a key player in the integrated CFM international MRO network. With more than 75 years of experience, and up to 20 international Part 145 certifications (EASA/ FAA/ CAAC/ …), Safran Aircraft Engine Services Brussels is recognized as a worldwide center of expertise in the air transport industry. More than a 100 airlines, lessors, private aircraft operators and MRO partners have entrusted their engines to our company. We employ over 200 highly skilled, passionate and enthusiastic employees.
CFM International is a 50/50 joint company between GE and Safran Aircraft Engines. For more information, visit us on the Web at www.cfmaeroengines.com or follow us on Twitter @CFM_engines.
Your responsibilities as Management Trainee:
• Identifies and considers the non-performance drivers in order to define objectives with his management;
• Builds, together with the Operations Managers, the performance optimization plan based on the principle of Lean Manufacturing;
• Ensures the performance improvement plans are in compliance with the strategy defined by the entity;
• Manages, promotes and coordinates all Lean projects & initiatives;
• Ensures within his scope the implementation of the methods, tools and the states of mind in order to drive the performance improvement;
• Works in close collaboration with all departments;
• Reports on ad hoc basis to upper management the lean plan progress and associated difficulties if any.
The required profile for the Management Trainee position:
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Operational Excellence;
• Basic knowledge of change & lean management;
• Knowledge of the basics in terms of techno-economic management and performance management;
• Knowledge of how to formalize the technical choices among different options, relying if necessary on technical experts;
• Leadership, capacity to involve and federate;
• Capacity to drive and manage team works;
• Skills to act in transversal management;
• Capacity to operate in a pluridisciplinary, inter-cultural and international environment;
• Long term vision and capacity to promote breakthrough actions;
• Capacity to understand leverages of performance improvement;
• Practical experiences of Lean Sigma / Lean Manufacturing and the management of complex projects;
• Being familiar with the organization practices of a progress plan in a bigger structure.
Specificity of the job
Our Operations department is currently looking for a Management Trainee (Lean manager), who will create the conditions for a sustainable performance improvement of the company's industrial processes by improving all work processes, purposes and people, ensuring the effective implementation of the performance improvement initiatives, punctual actions and projects.
Locate your future workplace
Brussels Airport 1930
Flemish Region Belgium