Safran Aircraft Engine Services Brussels is a subsidiary of Safran Aircraft Engines, based at Brussels Airport (Zaventem, Belgium), specialized in the inspection, maintenance and repair (MRO) of the advanced LEAP jet engines that power the latest generation of the Airbus A320NEO & Boeing B737MAX narrow body families. The company is a key player in the integrated CFM international MRO network. With more than 75 years of experience, and up to 20 international Part 145 certifications (EASA/ FAA/ CAAC/ …), Safran Aircraft Engine Services Brussels is recognized as a worldwide center of expertise in the air transport industry. More than a 100 airlines, lessors, private aircraft operators and MRO partners have entrusted their engines to our company. We employ over 200 highly skilled, passionate and enthusiastic employees.
CFM International is a 50/50 joint company between GE and Safran Aircraft Engines. For more information, visit us on the Web at www.cfmaeroengines.com or follow us on Twitter @CFM_engines.
To strengthen our Quality Department
we are looking for an HSE Officer.
The work of the position holder leads to the following outcomes/results:
• Active participation in achieving the goals and missions of the HSE (Health, Safety, and environment) department, as defined within Safran Group's strategy and further detailed by the management within SAESB (Safran Aircraft engine services Brussels);
• Handling tasks and missions entrusted within the HSE department, ensuring compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
HSE Training & Management:
• Provide HSE training for new hires and raise awareness in defined areas;
• Conduct daily site visits and HSE audits;
• Participate in QRQC meetings, analyze and manage HSE incidents, and implement reports and action plans;
• Act as a liaison between, colleagues and the HSE structure;
• Support 5S initiatives and promote positive HSE behaviors.
• Take an active role to the CPPT meeting when required.
First Aid, Ergonomics, and monthly field HSE Audits:
• Manage infirmary operations, first aid equipment, and lead the first aid team while managing incidents monitoring;
• Contribute to ergonomic training and analyses for new projects;
• Act as the contact point for IGP/ICP processes, manage audit reports, and update actions plans;
• Raise awareness about health risks and conduct fire risk awareness sessions;
• Supervise and monitor the progress of construction sites in accordance wi
• You have a Bachelor's, or Master's, degree in a technical field, or equivalent through experience;
• You can express yourself in English, Dutch and French;
• You are familiar with the various activities of the company and the main associated risks;
• Completion of health and safety advisor training (minimum level 3 or higher) and demonstrate a valuable experience in the HSE field;
• Completion of industrial first aid training and show specific related experience;
• Completion of ergonomic training specific to the Safran Group and the ability to apply and communicate this know-how;
• Additional experience in Mechanical, Engines, Engines environment is a serious plus;
• You are a communicative team player, who knows how to act discretely and diplomatically;
• You value and like the challenging environment and want to support the team in our Ramp; up. Due to the success of the LEAP engine, our business is growing rapidly;
• You are analytical minded;
• You are creative in finding solutions within the established framework;
• You can work independently and are committed to expand your knowledge through self-study and research;
• You are open minded, work in a structured way and you can motivate people about the quality and safety policy of the company.
Locate your future workplace
Brussels Airport 1930
Flemish Region Belgium