As a fully owned subsidiary of Safran Electronics & Defense, Safran Electronics & Defense Australasia Pty Ltd (SEDA) delivers and supports various products including high-performance optronics and inertial navigation equipment.
Headquartered in Sydney, SEDA brings local expertise in the integration of optronics and navigation systems for the air, land, and naval platforms of the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces.
Reporting to the Lead Systems Engineer you will be a highly skilled and experienced Systems Engineer to join our team to work on the development and integration of optronics systems for naval defence programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for a work package that includes the specification, development, integration, and verification of a Team Training Simulation System.
• Manage the integration and verification activities of a complex optronic simulator. This includes:
o Managing the development, integration and verification activities of the subcontracted activities.
o Planning and developing the internal integration and verification test capability.
o Planning and conducting the development phase, integration and verification tests with the customer.
o Support the preparation of Engineering Reviews with the customer.
• Collaborate with customers in order to respond to technical questions and to provide clarification / justification.
• Implement SAFRAN's development framework.
• Define technical proposals considering project requirements, constraints, costs, schedule and risks, in accordance with directives of the Program Manager and Lead Engineer.
• Develop the technical relationship with the French team, and build local knowledge across a wide range of products.
• Manage subcontractor technical teams.
• The systems engineer will be involved in the knowledge transfer from France in order to grow and enhance SAFRAN's product portfolio in Australia.
• The systems engineer will gain a solid and comprehensive understanding of the engineering processes within a recognised international aerospace & defence group.
• The systems engineer will develop his/her cultural leadership in a demanding international context.
• The systems engineer will be part of a small team and will therefore gain exposure to various business activities (Program Management, Supply Chain Management, Contract Management etc.)
• The employee may be required to work outside usual office hours from time to time to build the relationship with the French team.
• This role may bring the opportunity for domestic or international travel.
We are looking for a candidate who is confident and has the following attributes:
Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1.
Strong work ethic.
A Team player.
Strong problem-solving techniques.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised.
Interest in advanced technologies.
To be successful in this role you must have :
• Tertiary qualification in Engineering or related discipline.
• Knowledge of systems engineering (requirements management, validation, and verification methods)
• Prior experience in the Defense, Aerospace, or Rail Industries will be highly regarded
• Practical experience in Software Engineering or Electronics Engineering.
• Demonstrated experience in integration and verification of complex systems.
• Demonstrated ability to manage customer expectations in a complex delivery organization.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with complex programs where trade-offs between Performance, Cost, and Schedule are required
• Knowledge of requirements management and traceability tools – DOORS – REQTIFY (desirable).
• Proficiency in Optronics, Navigation, Radio, and/or Battle Management Systems technology is desirable but not mandatory.
• Leadership of a technical team.
Locate your future workplace
Suite 706, 109 Pitt Street 2000
New South Wales Australia