As a fully owned subsidiary of Safran Electronics & Defense, Safran Electronics & Defense Australasia Pty Ltd (SEDA) delivers and supports various products including high performance optronics and inertial navigation equipment.
Headquartered in Sydney, SEDA brings local expertise in the integration of optronics and navigation systems for the air, land and naval platforms of the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Support Technician will be responsible for :
• Systems inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair/upgrade integration and validation
• Performing assistance of maintenance activity on customers' sites across Australia and New Zealand
• Providing accurate technical reports including but not limited to; equipment and troubleshooting information, proposed solutions and resolutions of a problem using strong analytical and communication skills
• Ensuring proper recording and closure of all technical issues
• Assisting in maintaining Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) lines equipment and structure
• Assisting in maintaining and developing procedures, work instructions, forms and associated processes
• Assisting with customer reported issues and through to resolution and reporting, where required
• Assisting in maintaining equipment and facility for designated areas such as equipment calibration and maintenance, Electro-Static Discharge control, Foreign Object Detection and Control and 5s for workshop organisation and layout
We are looking for a candidate who is confident and has the following attributes :
• Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security clearance
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent customer service skills Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic
• Proactive, rigorous and well organised
To be successful in this role , you must have:
• Tertiary qualification or Certificate IV or proven experience in Engineering; in the field of Electronics or Optronics
• Proven experience with the setup and application of test equipment (electrical analyser, digital multi-meter, oscilloscope, signal generator, etc.)
• Understanding of electrical/electronic wiring and competent to analyse and interpret technical documents, schematics and technical drawings
• Prior work experience in soldering within the electronics industry
• Experience in technical documentation and processes IAW Quality Standards AS/NZS9001, AS/NZS9100, and AS/NZS14001 framework
• Immediate / working knowledge use of MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, Visio)
• Knowledge in continuous improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, 5S etc)
How To Apply
Candidates must be an Australian citizen due to security clearance requirements to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number SEDA03
Locate your future workplace
Suite 706, 109 Pitt Street 2000
New South Wales Australia
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
- © Safran