ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Accountant will report on a day-to-day basis to the Chief Financial Officer.
The purpose of this role is to provide financial expertise and advice on company projects to ensure complete accuracy of all financial transactions related to the project and to manage all financial aspects of projects from budget preparation to project closure.
RESPONSOBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Support preparation of financial project information.
• Manage tasks by regular reporting, supports financial plan/forecast activities, and provide financial input to risk- & opportunity management.
• Track the program in the ERP system for both Program and Financial reporting.
• Responsible for cost-controlling tasks such as proposal pricing, pricing verification, and cost tracking and reporting.
• Supports the Commercial Department with financial expertise for contracts and contract changes.
• Coordinates and Prepares Contract Change Proposal and Task Order prices.
• Prepare incentive and escalation calculations in line with contractual requirements.
• Tracks the payment schedules and milestones for the projects in coordination with the PMO, Commercial, and Procurement department.
• Collects up-to-date project financial data, improves forecast quality, and actively drives measures to achieve the Financial Year target.
• Provide adequate and timely reporting according to requirements.
• Actively seeks to improve and document processes
• Actively improve the ERP system by formulating requirements and initiating customisation.
• Compliance with business conduct guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or Commerce
• 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
• Defence experience desirable, not essential
• Commercial accounting skills and strong commercial acumen
• Experience with price calculations and estimation
• Robust financial understanding, including delivery, review, and analysis of financial results to support strategic decision-making
• Knowledge of IFRS (especially IFRS 15)
• Proactively seek resolution to identified issues
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
• Ability to work in growing complex processes
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Proven ability to manage workload and competing priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi –task
• Discretion (security of confidential information)
• Diplomacy and tact
• Proactive and Organised
• Customer service orientation
How to apply
Candidates must be an Australian citizen due to security clearance requirements to be eligible to apply for this position.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources
Locate your future workplace
Suite 706, 109 Pitt Street 2000
New South Wales Australia