The Engineering Manager – Support and Sustainment is responsible for all engineering activities including process design, development and support of maintenance services for defence (Navy & Army) and avionics systems including navigation, optronics and observation systems.
The Engineering Manager is working in close relationship with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) design authority and with both business development and customer support teams.
The Engineering Manager Support and Sustainment is responsible for the continuous engineering improvement plan and program sustainment activities, which includes obsolescence and configuration management, supportability & engineering analysis including but not limited to total cost of ownership and technical regulatory requirements.
The objective is to ensure efficient engineering support coordination between Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) design authority, business development team, maintenance support team and Customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Manage engineering services including process design, development and support of maintenance services for defence.
• Develop, harmonize, adapt and maintain skills knowledge transfer with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Design Authority.
• Develop, plan and manage continuous engineering improvement.
• Manage with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) design authority, obsolescence and configuration.
• Analyse engineering supportability and total cost of ownership.
• Ensure technical regulatory requirements and standards are met.
• Develop policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed standard activities and maintenance instructions.
• Perform routine engineering support.
• Develop product specific training plan and associated Training Support Material.
• Ensure & maintain Customer relationship for engineering services and manage engineering queries.
• Perform technical data analysis, provide detailed technical reports and answer engineering queries when required.
• Assist the Program and Supply Chain Manager in developing Australian Industry Capability plan to provide solutions in enabling local capability implementation through transfer of technology.
• Attend program review (internal & external) and provide engineering services plan updates
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Engineering Degree (Bachelor with 5-year experience or Master degree) in Mechatronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems Engineering, or related discipline.
• Proven experience in Engineering Management & planning relating to programs, project and/or resourcing.
• Good level of knowledge of complex Systems including optics/ optronics, electronics, electrical, mechanical and navigational elements.
• Good level of knowledge across engineering disciplines of Systems Engineering, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS), and Integrated Logistics Support.
• Technical Expertise and Experience in contract negotiations and supplier/contractor management.
• High level of competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access and Project.
• Experience in technical documentation and processes IAW Quality Standards AS/NZS9001, AS/NZS9110, and AS/NZS14001 framework.
• Experience within the Defence industry for optronic, mechatronic and/or electronics systems.
• Skills and knowledge on critical manufacturing processes, methods and quality (airworthiness/seaworthiness).
• Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent client-facing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the enterprise
• Effective, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to plan, monitor and control projects
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
08.28.2021 Industrial Engineering
Sydney Nsw, New South Wales