We are seeking a qualified Machinist 1st Class to perform a pivotal function within our production team. The successful applicant will be required to assist the Support Services Manager to develop capabilities for the Component Rework Centre to achieve the highest possible reduction in Turn Around Times (TAT).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform all components reworks arising from SAFRAN Helicopter Engines (HE) Australia operations that are within the capability of the Component Rework Centre and record the man-hour costing incurred.
• Assist the Product Support Engineering team in developing further capabilities for the Component Rework Centre on the best economic basis.
• Assist the Product Support Engineering team in the development and qualification of reworks that are new to the Centre.
• Assist the shop in the management control and monitoring of all rework/repairs that are outsourced to external suppliers.
• Supervise and train apprentices that rotate through the Component Rework Centre.
• Review engine repair documentation, update local documentation and notify the Lead machinist of any discrepancy.
• Maintain the Component Rework Centre area in a clean and orderly manner, comply with 5S methodology and tooling control procedures.
• 1st Class Machinist Trade Certificate
• At least 3-5 years' experience working as a 1st Class Machinist
• Experienced in doing Jobbing work in a Tool Room environment
• Must have Experience in operating conventional Milling Machines, Lathe, Cylindrical and surface Grinding machines.
• Experienced in general hand bench work type repairs
• Basic working knowledge of computers and software particularly MS Word and MS Excel
• Able to work independently on conventional machines in a tool room and aircraft engine component repair
• Able to understand and work with systematic quality systems.
• Able to weld would be an additional advantage
• A commitment to on-going maintenance of professional standards and development
• Good written and spoken skills
• Decisive and self-starting attitude, with energy and motivation to be effective in a very demanding environment; &
• Ability and willingness to liaise with all levels within the organisation
• Strong customer focus
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Highly organised
• High-level accuracy and attention to detail
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number M0322
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Edge on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Locate your future workplace
115 Wackett Street 2200
Bankstown Airport Nsw
New South Wales Australia
- © Safran