The Commercial Manager will report to the Commercial Director. This role will be focused on our Civil market with a split between Account Management (retention of key accounts) and Business Development.
The successful applicant will be responsible to ensure the day to day support to our customers operating engines and products repaired and serviced by SAFRAN. The focus will be on delivering the highest standard of service, reporting, achievement of contract budget performance and target equipment turn times whilst being responsible for the growth of existing business together with expansion into new and existing markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Deliver services in line with contractual obligations
• Deliver and contribute sales as in reaching or exceeding our corporate sales target
• Regular visits to key customers as required
• Provide regular status reports to customers as required, liaise with customers regarding delivery status of their product and manage delays
• Prepare customer quotations
• Identify new business opportunities in market for future business development projects
• Manage Business Development Projects
• Develop internal reports and measuring processes both visually and electronically
• Manage Customer Relations and report anomalies
• Report delays or budget variation that may impact SAFRAN and the customer and provide solutions to alleviate the situation
• Work in collaboration with the Head-Office Company and the applicable OEMs
• Develop commercial awareness within the team and provide coaching
• Actively participate with and support the Customer Service Representative Manager and their team in order to provide best service to the customer base
• In collaboration with the spares and procurement personnel ensure adequate spares and spares orders are in place to meet demand
• Analysis of incoming work load and plan to receive the product to ensure available resources and services available to meet the need
• Develop strategies for better business processes together with other internal departments
• Formalise current procedures as required and formalise new procedures using company template guidelines
• Experience working within a Regional OEM Sales team, including a minimum of 4 years as an Aviation Customer Service Representative
• Operational and sales background in an aviation or engineering organisation
• Good working knowledge and understanding of aviation regulations
• Experience with SAP
• A strong sales focus with robust negotiating skills enhanced by a flair for customer service
• Advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products
• Understanding of contractual terms and specifications, commercial and technical
• Strong business acumen with attention to finding sales opportunities
• Strong attention to detail
• Understanding of quality systems within the Aviation Industry
• Understanding of budget control
• Flexibility with hours as needed to liaise with European OEM and Partners
• A hands-on people person approach
• A highly proactive approach
• Good interpersonal skills, customer oriented and relationship builder
• Knowledge and experience of OEM methods, focus and objectives would be desirable;
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number CM0622
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Edge on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Locate your future workplace
115 Wackett Street 2200
Bankstown Airport Nsw
New South Wales Australia
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
- © Safran