We are currently seeking candidates who are wishing to commence a 4 year apprenticeship in February 2022 to become trade qualified as a Fitter/Machinist.
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, the SAFRAN apprentice will learn to:
• Interpret technical drawings
• Perform lathe operations
• Perform milling operations
• Carry out mechanical cutting
• Perform precision mechanical measurement
• Mark off/out (general engineering)
• Perform engineering measurement
• Repair and fit engineering components
• Dismantle, replace and assemble engineering components
All whilst working in a space that provides exposure to the Aviation industry in a repair and overhaul workshop.
To be successful in this role you, you must:
• Have completed or currently being completing the Higher School Certificate or equivalent, with a focus on Maths and Physics
• Have a genuine interest in discovering how machines work
• Proven experience of home or recreational mechanical / maintenance activities
• Have an eye for detail
• Be a natural problem solver
• Basic computer skills including the ability to use Excel and Word
• Effective communication skills
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number AFM1021
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Edge on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
10.14.2021 Manufacture / assembly and repair
Apprentice Aircraft Mechanic
Bankstown Airport Nsw, New South Wales