Reporting directly to the Chief Accountant the Accountant Trainee will be accountable for the provision of book keeping services and various clerical duties in the finance area as outlined below. The successful candidate will have a mature and responsible outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. This busy role requires the individual to have exceptional attention to detail skills matched with the ability to prioritise work as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Checking supplier invoices and entering them into the ERP system
• Collation and reconciliation of creditors invoices for payment.
• Follow up of invoices queries and discrepancies.
• Allocation of expenses for FBT purposes
• Freight reconciliation
• Accounts receivable –entering customer payments into ERP system
• Assistance with internal control testing
• Assistance with Financial Statements
• Assistance with Workers Compensation declaration
• Filing of invoices and accounting records
• Archiving records management
To be successful in securing this position, you must possess the following;
• A good understanding of the accounts processes
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel & Word skills
• High School Certificate
• MYOB small / medium company experience (preferable)
• Some experience in customer service or leadership roles within a school or extracurricular activity setting
• Proactive approach with ability to use initiative.
• Be a Team Player and build strong working relationships throughout the organisation by treating all employees as important internal customers.
• A can do, positive attitude mixed with an energetic and eager personality
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number WT1021
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Edge on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.