Operational Excellence Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1747 nj-34 nj 07727 wall township, New Jersey, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
The Operational Excellence Manager is responsible to manage the Continuous Improvement program and direct the Lean Six Sigma initiatives in the New Jersey, Mississippi and Mexico facilities. This position also leads the deployment of the company annual strategic objectives for top management and their cascading to middle management of all departments in the organization using the Hoshin Kanri methodology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Manage process of selection, launch and monitoring of all company's Lean Six Sigma cross- functional teams for projects which objectives can contribute to the company's bottom line
- • Hold quarterly Lean-Sigma review with TQC
- • Organize recognition of teams for Quarterly and President's Awards
- • Ensure all improvements from Lean-Sigma teams are permanent
- • Monitor status and resource utilization for all company's cross-functional teams
- • Ensure there are adequate resources dedicated for all projects
- • Support the removal of barriers that prevent projects success
- • Coach/lead Lean-Sigma Black Belt projects
- • Engage peers, middle and upper management in analyzing performance, defining processes and tools to challenge and improve the status quo
- • Manage company KPls to ensure meaningful metrics are being measured and reported
- • Manage company's HK process & cascading strategy
o Facilitate Master Plans RoE (TQC)
o Provide monthly updates to the Master Plan of VP Quality & Lean o Consolidate monthly updates to the President's Master Plan
- • Address coaching and training needs to autonomous production teams on root cause analysis using the Quick Reaction Quality Control (QRQC) methodology
- • Ensure completion of semiannual presentations to upper management of status of Sustaining Teams
- • Ensure completion of semiannual presentations of continuous improvement initiatives implemented in each facility during Management Review with TQC
- • Definition and documentation of Operational Excellence department key processes and guidelines
- • Ensure compliance with corporate standards for applicable processes
- • Ensure compliance with all corresponding internal documents such as QSPs, SQDs, BPMs, BPis and BPFs
- • Ensure the sustaining of the SS+ 1 cross-audits program in all three facilities
- • Ensure utilization of Value Stream Mapping to identify, understand, and then decrease waste to transition the process from the current state to the future state.
- • Drive implementation of visual cues and communication tools in both the factory and office environment to provide "status at a glance" and to allow quick and simple detection of abnormal operating conditions.
- • Drive implementation of pull systems and one-piece flow to reduce work in process, inventory, cycle times, and lead times.
- • Coordination of Lean activities and benchmarking with other (Safran and non-Safran) companies
- • Manage training materials improvements referent to Operational Excellence topics
- • Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering from a four-year college or university and at least 5 years of related experience or training.
- • Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
- • Member of the American Society for Quality is a plus.
- • Manage the annual budget dedicated to improvement initiatives
- • Manage, coach and mentor OpEx Coordinators, Black Belts & NJ intern
- • Hold monthly reviews with the Operational Excellence team members listing all accomplishments per facility
- • Issue periodic communication through the company Friday Flash with OpEx publications
- • Point of Contact with Aerosystems Operational Excellence Staff
- • Other duties as assigned.
1. Must obtain training to be certified by Safran as a Lean-Sigma Black Belt
2. Recommended to attend Leadership for Managers training provided by Dale Carnegie
Specificity of the job
Travel between the New Jersey, Mexico and Liberty facilities to follow up on Lean-Sigma projects and improvements is required, as well as travel to participate in benchmarking activities, training, Lean Six Sigma conferences and corporate events such as the North America Lean-Sigma summit that is held twice a year.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in aircraft electrical distribution, inflatable safety and water and waste management systems. It is also a major supplier of oxygen systems, telemetry and communication solutions, in-flight entertainment systems or fuel systems.
Pilote performance et transformation aéronautique H/FPublished on 02/21/2020Chatellerault Cedex, France Regular Full time Continuous improvement
Responsable Progrès & Transformation H/FPublished on 02/21/2020Saint Crépin Ibouvilliers, France Regular Full time Continuous improvement
DIVISION PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT DIRECTOR - Cabin Santa MariaPublished on 02/19/2020Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement