Supplier Risk & Performance Manager (SRPM)
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Twinsburg, Ohio, UNITED STATES
Fixed Term contract, Full-time, 6-12 Months
More than 5 years
Fixed term Contract: 12 months
The Supplier Risk and Performance Manager (SRPM) shall manage and develop overall supplier performance to ensure the supplier implements robust Quality assured Industrialization and production of Safran products, such performance shall include delivery and quality requirements. Actively engage in product development activities throughout the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Responsible for the performance and quality of the suppliers represented
- • Responsible to Identify, categorize coordinate and Mitigate Risks within Supplier and Internally
- •Industrialization of Products at supplier through Parts Transfers / Legacy issues
- • Coordination of Tooling activity and control
- • Lead and Coordinate Recovery / Improvement project
- • Responsible for improving supplier process performance and capability.
- • Direct containment activities, provide timely material dispositions and implement effective root cause corrective actions. Implement FRACAS throughout the enterprise.
- • Manage the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), or similar system, to assure that production means are capable to supply a quality assured product.
- • Investigate and eliminate causes of quality problems in the production and follow up on corrective actions.
- • Accountable to identify , Capture and Monitor supplier risks in order to drive actions that will result in tangible improvement at the suppliers to minimize or eliminate risks
- • Conducting monthly consolidation of supplier performance. Ensuring the consistency of the measures taken by the suppliers. Establishing, distributing and sharing the scorecard
- • Using the data available through supplier Performance pack, SRPM is expected to engage with suppliers to define clear problems and work cross functionally internally and externally to address root causes and improve overall performance on Delivery, Quality and Cost.
o Responsible for delivery recovery projects with suppliers.
o Inputs into cost reduction projects
- • Responsible for coordination and engagement of Supplier and Engineering to resolve and identified gaps in design for manufacture in order to ensure repeatable supply of quality parts is achieved
- • Responsible to ensure that the Score assessment Process defined by Safran is conducted as required to provide ongoing surveillance of the supply chain robustness. Issues identified are to be categorized and loaded into the Risk tool then followed up with a clear action plan identifying owner and due date and will be managed to conclusion.
- • Shall, depending on the size of the project lead or heavily influence coordination of the project plan for any transitional activity within their perimeter, definition & measurement of key milestones, its execution with a mind-set of zero defects and OTD delivery at rate planning.
- • Ensure Safran or Customer owned tooling is adequately managed, controlled and monitored at supplier, tooling register is kept up to date, and any potential risks are managed in an effective and timely manner through risk register. Based on assessment ensure the tooling replacement schedule is advised to the commodity manger in order to planned the budget.
- • Lead the planning, scheduling, facilitation and delivery of supplier improvement / development projects
- • Planning, coordinating and possibly conducting the following audits and assessments with suppliers: Capacity, Production Management, Supply Chain, Quality, Process, etc.
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
- • Other duties may be assigned
- •The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear.
- • Must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience
- •A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related area of stud
- • A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- • Must have working Passport for travel (national & international)
- • Proven Project Management skills within a supply chain/manufacturing environment
- •Lean Project Management – Experienced in leading workshops using lean methodology. With demonstrable experience of working with Quality/Lean Tools (FMEA, 8D, DMAIC, 5W, Ishikawa etc.) and delivering sustained improvements
Knowledge Skills and requirements:
- •Good technical awareness of manufacturing engineering and relevant processes including DVI, Design for Manufacturing etc.
- • Knowledge of industrial supply chain management (Kanban, MRP2, VMI, EDI, etc…)
- • Solid knowledge of Supply Chain Planning & Management (including Demand Management, Load and Capacity management etc.)
- • Project Management knowledge
- • Awareness of quality management plan development and control techniques.
- • Solid Operational experience, Manufacturing Engineering and Supplier Management Experience (aerospace, automotive…)
- • Strong Negotiation Skills demonstrated at senior management level
- • Advanced Problem solving skills - ability to analyze a problem and determine if driven by design, supplier or other factors in a timely fashion and to make calculated risk decisions when ambiguity is a factor.
- • Knowledge of supply chain; ERP principals
- • Demonstrate leadership, influencing, teamwork and effective conflict resolution (drive change, conduct workshops) with strong communication skills at all levels of management internally and at supplier facility (written and verbal)
- • Proven ability to work tactically with a strategic objective. Including having a high level of self-motivation and job planning in order to achieve goals and meet deadlines working autonomously.
- • Good Interpersonal skills – able to work and influence across all levels of the organization and externally with the suppliers to ensure key deliverables are met.
- • Experience of working within a matrix organization
- • Aerospace electronics and power generation experience
- • Greenbelt certification in Lean / Six Sigma. Black belt certification
- • Ability to speak French
Specificity of the job
- • Frequent travel to global supplier bases on a regular basis (up to 35% of time) both national and international travel
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and could be subjected to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and vibration.
- • The noise level in the work environment could be unusually loud at times (protection will be provided).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification & in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Export Specialist & Site AdministratorPublished on 11/03/2020Twinsburg, United States Fixed Term contract Trade compliance and risks
Alternant Gestion de la demande H/FPublished on 11/28/2020Plaisir, France Apprenticeship Supply chain
Stage ingénieur - Projet Amélioration Performance des Fournisseurs H/FPublished on 11/27/2020Tarnos, France Internship / Student Supply chain