Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Twinsburg, Ohio, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer, you will assure the quality of the articles and services purchased while maintaining supplier compliance to all Safran requirements. This person will be responsible for promoting best practices and continuous improvements among suppliers through effective investigation, evaluation, and feedback of supplier compliance issues.
This position contributes to our vision with responsibility in the following areas:
- •Management and Investigation of supplier non-conformances and manage supplier through containment, root cause investigation, preventative actions and verified closure in a timely manner.
- •Manage all supplier non-conformities through Safran SP2 system capturing supplier responses, 5 Why and 8D evidence.
- •Ensure suppliers are compliant and qualified to meet the current versions of Safran quality requirements using the maturity / process audits and Compliance Matrices.
- •Plan and implement the appropriate monitoring actions at the suppliers' (system, products, processes and industrialisation) as and when necessary.
- •Ensure corrective and preventive actions have been effectively implemented internally at the supplier.
- •Approve supplier waiver requests and mitigate risks between supplier and manufacturing engineering.
- •Work closely with Supplier Performance Management (SPM) team to ensure identified systemic quality issues are reflected in appropriate risk analysis, supplier improvement plans and appropriate surveillance levels agreed and maintained.
- •Quality representative responsible for ensuring that all new/ potential suppliers are assessed against the relevant selection procedures and fully meet the standards required by Safran.
- •Ensure that new/potential suppliers have the necessary skills and measuring equipment competencies to provide Safran with conforming products.
- •Provide the necessary data to enable passing on non-quality costs to the suppliers.
- •Represent supplier quality assurance in investigation reporting of supplier non conformances i.e. QRQC etc.
Industrialisation of Products and Processes
- •Ensure the industrialisation process takes place in compliance with the procedures in force, contributing to industrialisation launch, meetings, and formal reviews.
- •Resolve any supplier limitations
- •Ensure that FAI (First Article Inspection) report elements of the PVI are formally reviewed and that anomalies are resolved with the suppliers in a timely manner.
- •Represent quality in the industrial validation process (PVI) that ends with the Final Article Inspection.
- •Ability to travel both internationally & domestically for workshops and training as needed
- •Evening/night hours may be required.
- •Extra hours may be required during business peaks
- •Other related duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- •Bachelors degree in Engineering or related area of business
- •A Minimum of 5 years' experience in a related position
- •Trained / Qualified Auditor
**Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
**This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- •Be self motivated, and practice effective time management skills.
- •Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) and work with others both internally, externally, and with other Safran sites
- •Assertive and capable of defining and managing priorities
- •Work urgently and thoroughly to prevent line stoppages
- •Able to esculate issues in the correct manner.
- •Aerospace experience of working with Quality Standards AS9100D / AS9102
- •Demonstrated ability with quality and continuous improvement tools (Process FMEA, Risk analysis, Causal analysis, 8D, SPC etc.)
- •Ability to propose detailed objectives and execute monitoring plans.
- •Proficient in use of MS Office software and SAP
- •Strong technical background in manufacturing, ideally aerospace or automotive.
- •Solid understanding of a variety of quality measurement equipment, Micrometer, Vernier's, Shadowgraph, CMM etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 330-487-2000. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEERPublished on 11/14/2019Getafe, Spain Regular Full time Quality
TECHNICIEN ASSURANCE QUALITE MRO (ATELIER D'ENTRETIEN) H/FPublished on 11/13/2019Colombes Cedex, France Regular Full time Quality
Value Stream Quality technicianPublished on 11/13/2019Plaisir, France Regular Full time Quality