System Integration & Test Engineer
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Botany nsw, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
More than 3 years
About the role
This position concerns development of software centric products for military applications, with a particular focus on supporting development of novel and innovative solutions for challenging real-world problems. Responsibilities include a mix of requirements engineering, system integration and test & evaluation activities applied to developmental technology and prototype systems, including: conducting verification, validation, integration and qualification of said systems, and, liaising with customers, colleagues, stakeholders and management to deliver winning outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Confidently interact with customers and stakeholders from other organisations to understand the concept of operations, required functionality and constraints then provide technical direction and clarification of requirements to the software development team
- • Performs system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification
- • Work with internal and external development teams, customers and system integrators to resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues
- • On a project by project basis, responsible for
o Configuration and maintenance of development environments, DevOps pipeline & Continuous Integration tools
o Creating test plans, test cases, writing and executing scripts, configuration and use automation tools, and, recording and documenting results with concise but through test reports
o Proactively communicate progress, blockers, requirements and problems to management
- • Advocate for quality, security, and performance improvements to improve our products
Experience and technical skills
- • Tertiary education in Software Engineering, Electronics or similar
- • Minimum 3y experience in development and qualification of complex systems for military / industrial / medical or similar end applications
- • Demonstrable experience using a variety of software development and test automation tools
- • Capable of delivering high quality engineering documentation covering requirements management, test plan development, verification and validation activities
- • High level of proficiency in Matlab & Simulink and C++
- • Experience of Model Based Design including X-In-the-Loop testing (MIL, HIL, PIL, SIL)
- • V&V of embedded applications (MCU/DSP/FPGA)
- • Visualisation / graphics experience using GPUs (CUDA, OpenCL)
- • Hands-on experience with EO, IR, INS, IMU, GPS sensors
- • Cyber and application security experience
- • Self-aware; able to work effectively in interdisciplinary project based teams, capable of building the respect of teammates and peers through a constructive and supportive attitude whilst holding them to account on quality and performance of their outputs
- • Customer focussed; takes on a high degree of responsibility for representing the customer and ensuring quality of deliverables
- • Strong communication skills (written and oral); capable of effectively planning, documenting and reporting their work and communicating with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project aims and resolve issues
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number SITE0920.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Emma on 02 9796 6600.
Applications Close: Tuesday, 6 October 2020
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.