Support Engineer (Methods Engineer)
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Sydney nsw, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
More than 3 years
The Support Engineer will positively contribute to the Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Support Operations department of Safran Electronics and Defense Australasia, by developing and adapting technical solutions for Defence products that are supplied to Navy, Army and Airforce.
The solutions will include the opportunity to develop technical process and procedures for MRO of high-tech defence products, and the development and upkeep of related Support and Test Equipment (S&TE).
The successful candidate will ensure efficient and effective engineering support to ensure quality for delivered products and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Creation/adaptation and upkeep/update of documentation relating to the workshop/field environment, specifically with respect to Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) process and procedures (Work Instructions, Inspection Documentation, Test Specifications/Reports, etc.)
- • Conduct Engineering investigations into quality and procedural issues relating to MRO activities
- • Provide technical support for MRO S&TE, including troubleshooting, reporting, and development/adaptation of tools/equipment
- • Perform commissioning and validation activities for MRO S&TE
- • Provide support in any S&TE requirements planning for MRO activities
- • Proactive participation in Continuous Improvement initiatives reduce waste and optimise resources for MRO Activities
Qualifications and Experience
- • Minimum of 3 years' experience as a production support engineer or similar discipline within an industrial or defence environment
- • Tertiary qualification in Engineering or related discipline desirable
- • Practical experience with technical process and procedures relating to production assembly or MRO activities for technical products
- • Proven experience in executing lean and/or six sigma activities with positive outcomes
- • Experience in technical documentation and processes IAW Quality Standards AS/NZS9001, AS/NZS9110, and AS/NZS14001 framework
- • Skills and knowledge on service and repair processes and quality (airworthiness/seaworthiness)
- • High level of competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access and Project
- • Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1
- • Decisive and self-starting attitude, with energy and motivation to be effective in a very demanding environment
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- • Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- • Ability and willingness to liaise with all levels within the organisation
- • High-level accuracy and attention to detail
- • Strong problem solving techniques
- • Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised
- • Interest in advanced technologies
- • French speaker would be advantageous
Please note that to submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number SPC0519
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.