Program & Project Managment Office
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Sydney nsw, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
More than 3 years
The purpose of this role is to support the Program Manager in the delivery of requirements under the Future Submarine Program through the effective development and management of major subcontracts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Manage the development, negotiation and execution of new subcontracts required for the program
- • Act as the primary point of contact for all contract compliance issues
- • Coordinate the resolution of contractual issues and disputes arising with the subcontractors
- • Ensure adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management, including payments, claims, warranties, cash flow, and flow down of contract amendments and variations
- • Work closely with the program team to achieve the required performance in terms of schedule, deliverables, cost, quality and requirements of subcontractor activity
- • Facilitate and maintain an effective working relationship with the subcontractors, ensuring sufficient engagement and integration with the engineering, program management and ILS teams
- • Assist in the implementation and reporting of program-specific Australian Industry Capability (AIC) initiatives
- • Ensure the Customer's mandatory commercial requirements are flowed down and adhered to by subcontractors
Qualifications and Experience
- • Demonstrate relevant experience in subcontract and commercial management within a Defence engineering environment
- • Substantial familiarity and experience in the development and negotiation of complex Defence contracts with major customers and suppliers
- • Track record of successful delivery of major subcontracts obligations
- • Postgraduate business, project management or engineering education
- • Strong knowledge of ASDEFCON contracting framework
- • Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1
- • Good working relationships with ADF organisations
- • Strong attention to detail
- • Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- • Commercial and financial acumen
- • Strong written and oral communication skills
- • Proactive, autonomous, rigorous, organised
- • Strong work ethic
- • Interest in advanced technologies
Please note that to submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop.
If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number SM0519
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.