Senior Project Controller
Program & Project Managment Office
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Sydney nsw, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
More than 3 years
About the role
The purpose of this role is to support the Program Manager to meet customer requirements and standards for the delivery of Optronic Masts, Radar Masts and Navigation system for a Future Submarine project. The incumbent will be responsible for the coordination and administrative activities of the project including administration of contractor activities, the coordination of reporting including Earned Value Management (EVM), record keeping and overall involvement in project management activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Create and maintain the Contract Master Schedule
- • Create the Project Schedule to manage and record the daily/weekly/monthly targets and deliverables in line with customer specifications
- • Provided detailed schedule & performance measurement reporting on production and the productive operation of planned activities
- • Establish and manage the initial project cost and schedule baseline
- • Establish and maintain the Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS) and dictionary,
- • Establish and maintain work package level budgets and Earn Value techniques
- • Review and report on financial performance through Profit and Loss statements and budgets
- • Manage the required Earn Value Management reporting process
- • Actively participate in the preparation of Customer progress meetings and attend as required
- • Review and provide experienced advice on production strategy
- • Coordinate and manage entire project planning and data management
- • Ensure detailed data analysis processes are established to ensure accurate reporting on data, forecasting, variance analysis and corrective action planning
Qualifications and Experience
- • Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering, Commercial or Project Management
- • Minimum 3 years' experience in similar role that was involved in production management in Defence Industry
- • Experience with Defence Industry Earned Value Management Systems
- • Skills and experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP), MS Project, Earned Value Management (EVM) and tools to support project planning and monitoring.
- • An understanding of the Commonwealth procurement process, the systems engineering process and the related Australian Defence Contracting Suite (ASDEFCON).
- • Experience delivering projects in an ASDEFCON environment.
- • Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1
- • Good working relationships with ADF organisations
- • Exceptional attention to detail and administration skills
- • Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- • Commercial and Financial acumen
- • Strong written and oral communication skills
- • Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised
- • Strong work ethic
- • Interest in advanced technologies
Please note that to submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number SPC0519
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Subcontract ManagerPublished on 05/22/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Program & Project Managment Office
Executive AssistantPublished on 06/14/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Administrative
Support TechnicianPublished on 06/03/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Customer services and support