Finance and management
Sydney nsw, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
More than 3 years
About the role
The Cost Controller will report on a day to day basis to the Chief Financial Officer and is accountable for coordinating the budget process, following the actual results and leading the actions plan to enable SEDA to meet its industrial and financial performance objectives, in accordance with corporate deadlines and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Participate in the month end closing process with shared services team
o Follow up margin per job, activities and/or contracts
o Monthly reporting to SED France
o Prepare Business Review indicators, analyse actual vs budget and review with the Chief Financial Officer
- • Coordinate the forecast and budget process
o Follow headcounts and investments
o Follow G&A and non-production costs
o Manage budget process
- • Follow Industrial cost controlling
o Efficiency and labour utilisation Rate
o Ensure the accuracy of the work in progress and inventory valuation
- • Support SEDA team
o Contracts review (Earn Value Management)
o Other ad-hoc reports
- • Internal Control
o Liaise with SED internal control team
o Follow-up action plans
Experience and technical skills
- • A Degree in Finance / Accounting
- • 2 - 3 years' experience in management accounting
- • Strong manufacturing costing experience
- • Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- • Experience in contract management and IFRS 15 standards
- • Experience with MyOB EXO – Accounting and Job Costing modules
- • Planning and organisation skills are a must
- • Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- • Team player as well as the ability to work autonomously
- • Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- • Mature and responsible attitude with a proactive approach and ability to drive change across the business
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number CC0220.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Emma on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Chief Financial OfficerPublished on 12/20/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Finance and management
Integrated Logistic Support EngineerPublished on 01/20/2020Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Programs
Systems Engineer Team LeaderPublished on 11/08/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Architecture and systems engineering