Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Sydney nsw, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
More than 3 years
We are a seeking an experienced Program Manager to ensure the successful delivery of our SEDA products for a Future Submarine program. This role will work within a team structure and oversee the development of designs, Integrated Logistics Support functions, hardware and software and other supporting functions for military subsystems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Project manage SEDA equipment, systems and services related to optronic masts, navigation and radar, systems.
- • Manage and coordinate the timeline to ensure project requirements.
- • Direct customer relationship management.
- • Local implementation of SEDA business strategy working in conjunction with Australian Commonwealth capability requirements.
- • Develop project plans and documentation to address the local markets.
- • Organisation of local project reviews and meetings.
- • Provide support to the Sales & Marketing team.
Qualifications and Experience
- • Extensive experience in Project Management.
- • Minimum 10 years military service and/or defence business related experience, would be advantageous.
- • Tertiary qualification in Project Management or Engineering.
- • Specialised knowledge and/or practical application of optronics, navigation and/or radar systems for submarine systems is desirable.
- • Experience with defence Earned Value Management Systems - desirable.
- • Specialised knowledge and/or operational understanding of Software Management.
- • Advanced use of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Project).
- • Strong work ethic.
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- • Established good working relationships with ADF organisations or local industry.
- • Can obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1.
- • Proactivity, autonomy and rigour.
- • Excellent organisational skills.
- • Strong interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number PM0119.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
Support TechnicianPublished on 03/01/2019Sydney Nsw, Australia Permanent Customer services and support
Deputy Lead Engineer H/FPublished on 03/26/2019Issoudun, France Regular Full time Project management
Programme Chief Engineer H/FPublished on 03/26/2019Issoudun, France Regular Full time Project management