Segensworth north fareham hampshire, England, UK
Fixed Term contract, Full-time, 18 months
As an IT Apprentice at Safran Helicopter Engines UK, you'll be working closely with our First, Second and Third Line technicians as they support our existing and new customers' IT requirements.
You'll have a keen interest in IT and must be able to work as part of a busy support team. Working closely with other departments you will need to build relationships with both internal and external customers.
We work to strict Service Level Agreements (SLA) with our customers and you'll be responsible, after training, for the quality of information logged into our service management system – you will be expected to accurately log support tickets into our service management system in a timely manner.
Specific duties will include (but aren't limited to):
- • the timely and accurate logging of customer issues into the service management system, from both phone calls and incoming emails;
- • using the formal call logging system in place, and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded – to be able to produce clear descriptions relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions;
- • recognising when a call is urgent and escalate accordingly;
- • carrying out configuration and testing of new kit prior to install at customer site;
- • the ability to work as part of a team, whilst remaining self-motivated in managing your own workload;
- • the ability to demonstrate an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients.
We're looking for you to develop the role so that, in time, you become the first point of contact for all incoming issues to the service management – freeing up the First and Second Line technicians to concentrate on the resolution of issues to meet our agreed SLAs.
Our customers are supported from 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday [excluding Bank Holidays] and you will work a 37 hour week around these hours. You may be asked to work the occasional weekend to support customer needs; this will be supervised and time given back in lieu. In addition, you'll be expected take part in the Team meetings which take place at 9am one morning each week.
- • 18 month Unified Communications Technical Level 3 with PETA Training.
Knowledge and Skills:
- • English and Maths GCSE's grade A-C
- • Excellent verbal and written communication
- • Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- • Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft office package
- • Professional
- • Excellent attention to detail
- • Self-motivated
- • Well-organised
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran pursues a continuous strategy of differentiation through innovation and undertakes extensive ongoing research and development programs.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 72,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
IT / IS Business AnalystPublished on 11/22/2019Segensworth North Fareham Hampshire, United Kingdom Regular Full time IT
Requirement IntegratorPublished on 09/11/2019Almondsbury, Bristol, United Kingdom Fixed Term contract IT
IT Industrial Applications SpecialistPublished on 11/27/2019Sędziszów Małopolski , Poland Fixed Term contract IT