Manufacture / assembly and repair
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Sarasota, Florida, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of production supervisor, you will have the overall responsibility for leading manufacturing team in ensuring a safe work environment, achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost goals and coordinate with all functional and service groups to meet and exceed customer requirements. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals and motivates employees to create a high performance culture.
Essential Job Functions:
- • Assures policies, procedures and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product.
- • Supports product design organization through new product introduction phase to ensure customer manufacturing delivery times are met.
- • Proactively implements, promotes and maintains a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, and equipment maintenance and rule enforcement.
- • Leads, facilitates and coordinates production activities and resources per established practices and/or policies within their job area to ensure the timely delivery of quality parts that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- • Aligns workforce to company vision and goals.
- • Acts as a business partner by initiating and continuously managing improvements to manufacturing processes.
- • Fully engages workforce and drives change by empowering employees with decision-making, fostering innovation, and promoting continuous learning.
- • Clearly communicates expectations and consistently holds self and employees accountable for performance. Effectively confronts employee performance and behavioral issues.
- • Motivates and coaches employees and teams to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity and quality.
- • Ensures that employees have the necessary skills, knowledge, information and tools to do their jobs safely and effectively.
- • Coordinates and/or participates on production and continuous improvement teams within own area or other areas to enhance plant results.
- • Drives 5S culture by improving and maintaining the cleanliness, safety and organization of the work area.
- • Actively participates in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives that are tied to the Balanced Scorecard (BSC).
- • Develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within their work area.
- • Coordinates and leverages resources with other functions, such as maintenance, materials, scheduling, logistics and engineering, to resolve manufacturing problems and/or improve processes.
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- • Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, and comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Education and/or Experience:
- • Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- • Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
- • Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and tool sets as they relate to production management.
- • Thorough understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
- • Advanced Microsoft Excel skills or other data processing program to analyze, trend and drive actions based on data
- • Must specifically demonstrate the following competencies:
- • Position requires leadership skills and the ability to motivate a group of employees towards a common goal. Advanced communication skills required for interaction with all levels of plant associates.
- • Green belt certification.
Sitting 10% / Standing 70% / Walking & lifting 20% (up to 30 lbs.)
Work involves working near/with moving or mechanical equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and there is some exposure to airborne particles and fumes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 941-751-7128. We will decide on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Specificity of the job
Must be willing to travel to New Jersey for training.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 84,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification & in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Quality InspectorPublished on 09/17/2020Atlanta, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Machinist/WelderPublished on 09/16/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Commodity ManagerPublished on 09/14/2020Sarasota, United States Regular Full time Purchasing