Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Sarasota, Florida, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Manufacturing Engineer, you will provide Provide technical support to help manufacturing floor by solving problems related to manufacturing processes, tooling, and equipment. The manufacturing engineer will drive continuous improvement to manufacturing processes with respect to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and reduce Cost and Inventory.
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Design and implement full automation of single operation processes.
- • Leads continuous improvement culture by identifying and implementing projects that improve quality, cost, or throughput to manufacturing processes.
- • Drives 5S culture by improving and maintaining the cleanliness, safety, and organization of the work area.
- • Evaluates drawings, specifications, and other data to determine requirements for process improvements, requirements, and capital equipment purchases.
- • Advises, directs, and trains production personnel in manufacturing techniques and methods.
- • Assists in development of production and testing procedures and equipment.
- • Provides manufacturing cost estimates to management and coordinates the resources to build units requested by engineering.
- • Develops and creates process documentation for operators and customer.
- • Review non-conforming product and develop corrective actions based on root cause analysis.
- • Review designs for manufacturability and implement controls for Critical to Quality characteristics.
- • Troubleshooting: the use of knowledge, tools, and analysis skills to solve problems in the areas of electronics, electromechanical products, test setups, and test equipment. Applicant will have the ability to troubleshoot moderately complex circuits to the component level. Applicant will be able to read electrical schematics and have the ability to extract required information for test and troubleshooting. Applicant will be able to read and understand mechanical drawings for test and fixtures.
- • Computer Applications: the ability to use appropriate computer applications to facilitate testing, documentation, and project management methods. Applicant will be able to use Microsoft Office as required.
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- • Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Safran offers state of the art circuit breakers, relays and switches for the aerospace industry. One the key suppliers for commerical airlines and government contacts.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- • Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- • Associate's Degree from an accredited institution and 5+ years of experience as an engineer or technician in a manufacturing setting / or other technical field.
- • Ability to read/understand prints, routings, bill of materials, and process sheets.
- • Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and tool sets as they relate to production processes and improvements.
- • Thorough understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
- • Advanced Microsoft Excel skills or other data processing program to analyze, trend, and drive actions based on data.
- • Writing capability of LabVIEW, RSLogix 5000, or Python
- • 3D modeling software.
- • Root Cause and Corrective Action Methodology.
- • Automation/Robotic Implementation Experience
- • Masters in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Equivalent)
- • Understanding of diverse manufacturing processes such as molding, machining, welding and assembly.
- • Strong project management skills.
- • Knowledge of electronic/electrical specifications and standards (commercial and military).
- • Knowledge or certification in IPC standards (J-STD-001 and IPC-610).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Lesly.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Specificity of the job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting 40% / Standing 40% / Walking & lifting 20% (up to 35 lbs)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal split between office work and working on a production line building engineering orders.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.
Responsable Méthodes Industrialisation H/FPublished on 02/24/2019Vernon, France Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Préparateur méthodes assemblage développement H/FPublished on 02/23/2019Gonfreville L'orcher, France Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Ingénieur Chimiste / Procédés H/FPublished on 02/23/2019Oloron Sainte Marie Cedex, France Regular Full time Industrial Engineering